Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have a 94 integra ls with an aem CAI, apexi n1 cat back exhaust, high flow cat, NGK plus wires and irdium spark plugs. I am going to buy a dc 4-1 header, apex-i safc, aem pulley kit, crower 403 cams, and aem cam gears. I was wondering how much HP I could expect with these things professionally tuned and installed also about what do you think my 1/4 time will be. A little more info on my car is it is 5 speed, 65 k miles on it, 16" wheels/tires, eibach pro kit springs, koni n/a struts. Thanks for you help in advance

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
Dyno it and find out. Nobody can judge what your gains are going to be, sorry. Results will vary.

·
Registered
349 Posts
low 16?? The car runs stock low 16 if you know how to drive it!!! I would say mid to low 15. Maybe even upper 14 if you are good.

·
Registered
86 Posts
You will do way better than low 16's. I would say to expect low 15 to high 14 depending on conditions and driver. BTW pulleys are a waste of money IMO and aem cam gears aren't too good, check out spoon, toda, hks, jun, and skunk, they are all good.

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
Wooooow, where'd you come up with those numbers Glfsurfer?

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
integraautox: wheel hp should be somewhere in the neighborhood of 160-180. and if you are wondering why i am leaving a 20 hp margin, this is because this question is very, very hard to answer. even an estimate is damn hard to do. and to answer the question of 1/4 mile time, well lets just say im not god. (I.E. that is impossible to even estimate with the thousands of variables that can be taken into effect.) basically just dyno it and get it tuned throughly (sp?) and see what you come up with.
Good Luck

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
hootb18.. you expect his wheel HP to be 160-180? You really think so? WHP on stock B18B1 motors are around 115-120. Those bolt ons and minium internals wouldn't bounce the WHP up 40-60hp. At least I wouldn't think so.

·
Registered
116 Posts
it took all the boltons, plus p/p/shaved non vtec head,tb, and hondata tune ecu for me to get in the 140's at the wheels, plus i run 14x6 rims...

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
Clutch784 on Aug/29/02 said:
hootb18.. you expect his wheel HP to be 160-180? You really think so? WHP on stock B18B1 motors are around 115-120. Those bolt ons and minium internals wouldn't bounce the WHP up 40-60hp. At least I wouldn't think so.
man you are 100% right and thanks for catching me on that one, i dont know what the hell i was thinkin at that time. Doh!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Justin Klemgold on Aug/29/02 said:
Wooooow, where'd you come up with those numbers Glfsurfer?
Well considering I pulled a 15.4 with cai, header, and crush bent exhaust on my ls, I'm sure you can do what I said with the addition of cams, cam gears, afc,hi flow cat....

·
Registered
594 Posts
Quote: My guess is close to 160hp and low 16 on the 1/4 mile. Sorry guys I thought the LS/GS did 17s.My mistake. Also I didn't see that you mentioned Crower cams . Probably that would raise the power to around 170hp AT the flywheel , maybe a bit more.

Quote: low 16?? The car runs stock low 16 if you know how to drive it!!! I would say mid to low 15. Maybe even upper 14 if you are good.
Upper 14? Are you serious? The Type-R with 195hp,excellent mid-high end, less weight , shorter gears , 8.5K redline only if driven right brakes 15s on the 1/4 mile .

integraautox , my guess is if you tune it right and raise the redline another 500rpm you'll be doing mid 15s.

But that's a guess .

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
DrGreenthumb on Aug/29/02 said:
it took all the boltons, plus p/p/shaved non vtec head,tb, and hondata tune ecu for me to get in the 140's at the wheels, plus i run 14x6 rims...
Uhhhh....just another reason why you should just go w/ a c1 or c5 if you want big time N/A power.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Michael Delaney on Aug/29/02 said:
Quote: DrGreenthumb on Aug/29/02ps mike d before you flame me take a valuum...
maybe you should learn how to spell first and know what the actual name of the drug is first, eh?
Kinda ironic that your sly little misspelled remark was directed at a guy who deals w/ pharmaceutical drugs, etc. for a living.

Val·ium
Pronunciation: 'va-lE-&m, 'val-y&m
Function: trademark
-- used for a preparation of diazepam

btw. no entry was found for valuum.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
BlueTeg on Aug/29/02 said:
Quote: Michael Delaney on Aug/29/02Quote: DrGreenthumb on Aug/29/02ps mike d before you flame me take a valuum... maybe you should learn how to spell first and know what the actual name of the drug is first, eh?
Kinda ironic that your sly little misspelled remark was directed at a guy who deals w/ pharmaceutical drugs, etc. for a living.

Val·ium
Pronunciation: 'va-lE-&m, 'val-y&m
Function: trademark
-- used for a preparation of diazepam

btw. no entry was found for valuum.
LOL

1 - 20 of 24 Posts