Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i have a 94 integra rs and it has about 195000 miles on it and i notice my car been using alot of oil and i believe it a valve that eatting up my oil becuse the tip of my muffler is all black. my question which would be better to do do a gsr swap or get the car rebuild?

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i want performance in a way but i see the cost wise right now my car lately been eatting oil and i was wondering if a gsr swap would be better or just get the car rebuild?

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
That's the thing.

If you don't know what you're targeting as a power goal then how can you decide between a nonVTEC rebuild vs a VTEC swap?

it's ludicrous to ask a question when you don't know what you're trying to achieve in the first place because the answer depends on that first thinking step.

if your goal is 130-160 whp then just rebuild the current motor.

if you're going for 170 or higher, it'll be easier to get with the GSR swap, unless you plan to drop a turbo or JRSC in with your LS.

like come on...this is common sense isn't it?

·
Registered
101 Posts
You want to see what would be most cost effective?
1. Rebuilding the RS motor
-OR-
2.Swaping to a GSR while keeping your stock tranny

If you swap to a GSR with the stock Tranny with that manny miles you might run into problems later down the road. Also a B18B is waaay cheaper than a gsr motor.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.