Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started to swap my engine out tonight. I disconnected all hoses and vacuums and elecetrics stuff. My new engine doesn't come with a tranny. Should I take the tranny out with the motor then put it on the new motor out of the car. Or can I leave the tranny in and take the motor out and put the new one on the tranny in the car?

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its not that I can't figure it out.. I havent really looked at it yet... Also I have a guide already and before I read the chapter on tranny removal.. i wanted to know some opinion on which way to attack the problem... I dont want step by step instructions .. i just want to know if its like numerous amount of bolts in awkward posistions

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Pull out your motor and tranny together

To remove the tranny, off the top of my head is 3-4 large bolts, and two small bolts. Then there is two bolts on the starter. When those bolts are out the tranny has "dowels" and will most likly be stuck to the block. Use a large screw driver or pry bar to carefully seperate them.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Just drop the motor and trans as a complete unit.
Move the trans over to your replacement motor and sway it all back up. It's much easier to unbolt the trans with the whole thing out of the car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.