Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys this is probably a stupid question... but I was curious about it as I've never really looked into or thought about it before.

I have the B18B (ls) with an auto tranny, 36k on it, it's a 95. Needless to say, this is not very desired by me, but it's reliable, etc. Anyhoo, I was on JDMHondaParts.com and they've got misc engines with 20-60km on them, I'm guessing they're stock (OEM cams, springs, and all internals that makes up and engine), along with a tranny.

BTW correct me if I'm wrong about any of this as I go.

So, they have on there for like 2400 a 2nd gen (hydro) B16A engine that says it's a direct bolt for my 95, OBD1, using OEM Honda motor mounts, shift linkage, axles, ecu, and wiring harness.

Anyways, is it that easy? I know its a JDM motor so would it just "plug" right into my USDM Integra and I'd be good to go?! Because that sounds like a great deal. Yes I know it's an extra 1000 for the GSR motor... but for 2400, 170 HP 1.6 vtec sounds good by me!! yes I know the compression is higher but I'm not planning on going turbo.

What the hell, I know I am ignorant to this whole thing and I feel dumb as hell, but I would like to here your all's thoughts on this, etc. Any info or insight is much appreciated. Thanks as always.

EDIT: I'm asuming all engine parts are factory honda, NOT modified in any way. I know they're used (mileage) but I wouldn't want to buy someones really used engine ya know? They say it's sold "as is", no exchanges/refunds. Is this risky?

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Mike D: in another post from a month or so back (yes, I used search) you said the following

The b16a is a straight fit with no mounts or driveshaft issues. you can use any Bseries tranny. no weight issues. You will need the ECU/harness. It's only 1.6L so be prepared to keep it above 6000 rpm if you want to scoot fast...no torque. This will be the big noticeable difference compared to the b18b you have now at around town driving.
when you say noticable difference to the b18b I have now... do you mean good (added HP and vtec)... or bad (less displacement, less torque). thanks. again sorry for my ignorance. I've been the "show guy" and want to tap in a little to the "go guy".

·
Registered
64 Posts
I'm not sure about the engine swap on your car, but if seen Jackson Racing supercharged B18C engines for around the same price from Jackson Racing.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hey your not dumb. We arent born knowing this kinda stuff, atleast I wasnt. Dont know about Michael though(he might have been). Just learn about stuff from listen to what others have to say(thats how I did it, though at first is was like another language). That should work cuz b series will fit b series. I dont know if that engine is your best choice though. For $1900 I can get a JDM B20 swap and keep my old motor. But on the question should it just bolt right up, I would think so. But dont take my word as god cuz I am not for sure on all of this cuz I havent done it before. Just looked into it heavy and think I am doing the JDM B20 and then going FI.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just thought about one other question... I'm assuming since it's "B" series everything should hookup. Will this effect stuff that's already in place like my exhaust and cat, airbox, etc. Also would I need to replace my guages or anything. Like if the new redline is 8000 in a b16a and in my b18b it's 6800 do I need to get new guages/cluster reflecting that or will everything be properly aligned (needle) and I just need to remember 8000 redline.

what I'm saying is I wouldn't want the needle in the integra to point to something on my integra guage when the engine is really at something else. same for speedo. thanks.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea, I know. it's just an idea that I was looking into. kinda of one of those spur of the moment things. I doubt highly I would actually go through with it. I think if I did anything with the engine or tranny I would just swap the auto for an ls 5 speed. but I highly doubt I would do that too. but thanks very much for the help guys. I still want to know your alls thoughts, even if I'm not SERIOUSLY considering it... too much.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts