Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I have a DA9. I can't seem to find the problem, there will be times when I turn the ignition on, and engine starts. I drive it to where I'm going. Then when I park, turn off the car. And I try to turn it back on! 馃槨 Check engine light comes on! No start. I let it cool down or sometimes I reset the ECU. Then check engine light turns off and all of a sudden It fires up. 馃槫 As if the car was alive. it started when it wanted to, and it doesn't start when it feels lazy. I hope it's not the ECU. Plz to whom reads this thread. I need your wisdom

Registered
When you try to start, do you mean that the starter cranks but the engine does not fire?

With the check engine light -- the proper behavior is that when you turn the key to pos 2, the CEL lights for 2 seconds while the furl pump runs, then turns off. When you have no-start, the CEL stays on after 2 seconds?

If so, the next step is to connect the diagnostic jumper and read codes. That's well documented in the manual and online. The codes displayed will point you to what's keeping the car from starting.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Whitney, Yes thats exactly how it's behaving With a hard start. I tried jumping the DLC and the CEL stays on, doesn't blink .
So yesterday I took the ECU out, open it up Cleaned it with alcohol.
I let it dry and I re-soldered some beads that looked crack from the circuit board.
I hook up the ECU back into the car and so it starts now. But I doubt that I fix the problem?!

Attachments

Registered
Following the chart below, next time it happens, remove the MAP and TP sensor to see if the light goes out. After that, it has you checking grounds. If everything checks out, the end of that flowchart has you replacing the ECU. Where are you located? You may be able to find someone to loan you one. If you're near Raleigh NC I have one you can try.

Registered
One time I had similar symptoms after an engine swap, I had forgotten to connect the ground at the thermostat housing. Can't hurt to clean up all 3 grounds before going too far. Also - be sure you're jumpering the right connector. It's the 2P, not the 3P DLC

1 - 5 of 5 Posts