Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a completely stock 1995 integra GSR sedan(manual), and recently got my ecu changed because it began to fail. Now I’m noticing that when I’m in neutral, say at a stop light, I’m having my revs go up and down inbetween 0-1k. The mechanics told me my old ecu didn’t have this problem, so it’s most likely the new one, and it will break in.

so I have a couple of questions
1.Is this the new ecu that’s doing this
2.If it is, will it eventually go away (the rev fluctuation)
3.How long does it take for the new ecu to break in

thanks in advance guys

oh and if it matters it has 101k miles on it

·
Registered
6 Posts
I personally don't think it'd the ecu, your car should have a fast idle thermal valve on the bottom of the throttle body

It should look like this. If it's this problem. Dosent hurt to check but you can screw that circular part in till were it's not tight but barely snug. My car was doing this randomly and would idle high and drop and keep doing that and eventually it just stayed idling high untill I screw that fitv back snug and it idles back at 900 rpm smoothly now, hope this is the cause of your idling problem

·
Registered
18 Posts
An ecu doesn’t break in. I have never heard of that for an idle problem. It is a computer. The adaptive learning is probably limited to fuel trims. Idle should be good out of the box. In the mean time make sure your throttle body is clean and the idle screw is set to factory. On some cars a throttle plate adjusted out of the idle circuit can cause problems. But I would assume the problem would have been there before. And who knows. Maybe the guy knows something I don’t and it will be all happy soon. I’ve never heard of ecu break in though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts