Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, im in the midst of buying a new teg.

I was looking at a 92 ls, and i took it for a test drive, then popped the hood. The car was off, i popped the hood and I could head a clicking with pretty fast intervals, the fan wasn't on, and i only drove the car for about 5 minutes.

Anyone heard of this, let me know asap...

thanks

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it actually did sound like a cooling thing, like heaters and sh*t.

but like i said i started the car, let it warm up for maybe 5 minutes, drove it for 5 minutes then turned it off. It wasn't too loud, yet it was noticable.

please if anyone else has advice, let me know, because i like hte car overall, but if it means that it cud lead to serious problems, i think ill back out.

·
Registered
22 Posts
That clicking is more noticleable if you were getting on the car. clicking should stop after a minute or so.

·
Registered
294 Posts
i had the same thing happen when i was test driving tegs ..i drove about 10 happened on about 4 or 5 ...i think its the AC compressor ..not sure but its something to do with fans/heating/cooling.. sorry i couldnt help more..i would drive the car for a longer period of time ..get the needle off cold on the gauge then pop the hood...if the noise is worse its engine related if not its most likely the heating/cooling system...again this is my opionion im not saying im right

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Hot exhaust. Cooling down it'll click nicely.

That or the fan on the radiator runs for a bit after shutting it off if its still connected. Could have been that.

·
Registered
179 Posts
this thread is a bit old but i now have this problem too just started today. it could be the exhaust but its sounds like its coming from just under the engin or just behind it. its not engine cooling clicking they click then have quite a pause before it clicks again, this continually clicks for a few seconds. i thought it was cooling but then when i started it up and turned straight back off it did the clicking for the same amount of time... is the solution?

edit* mine is generation 3 integra though

1 - 8 of 8 Posts