Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellow Greensboro Teg owners. What happened today is what everyone car owner dreads...my engine blew while on the highway. It had almost 170k miles on it. Luckily, I was able to get to the shoulder and have it towed back to my apartment complex.

Now I'm in the process of looking for any shops here in GSO that would do an engine drop or possible rebuild for a fair price. Do any of you guys know of any? I'll probably be scouring junkyard in the area for an engine or even check ebay.

Hopefully you all won't ever have to experience such a terrible thing.

Thanks
Sad Teg Owner

·
Registered
160 Posts
hey there. I got a gsr motor on ebay. there's a couple always popping up on ebay. The one I picked up had minor issues, but for what I picked it up for was worth it. There's a machine shop in high point that i'm bringing my block and crank to have work done on it. It's called Motor Master 882-0026, but the motor needs to be out of the vehicle.

Can't help ya with a shop that will do an engine swap in Greensboro. I've run into the same issue with finding one in G'boro too

There's a couple places in Raleigh. one is Tuner solutions and the other is Phantasm Motorsports.

Good luck....If you happen to find a shop in G'boro please drop me a note.....

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Sorry to hear about the motor. If you are willing to travel a little for great quality, give Mike at Blueridge Motorsports a call. The are great with b-series and are very friendly. They are in the NC shop review or his un on here is DOHCschwab. Good luck with the rebuild. Hope you get what you are looking for.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool, thanks for the help! I will definitely see what Blueridge Motorsports and Motor Master is charging. Its always good to know places recommended by fellow teg owners!
So far I've found one in Greensboro called "Salinas" Their number is 336-451-7855(office) and 336-451-7531(cell). They said they could do the whole thing for $1400, but I want to make sure its quality work.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
yea man good luck. And i dont know anything about salinas, Sorry. But like you said make sure they have quality workmanship. And also make sure they have actually built a Honda motor before. Not just telling you sure we "should" be able to do it.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Blueridge Motorsports is going to do my build/tune/install motor once I get enough dough saved up to do it, but I can wait 'cuz my driver hasn't blown up. I talked to Mike and all the guys there are very knowledgeable when it comes to Honda motors.

Good luck with your 'teg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.