Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay, here's the deal. newbie to tuning so therefore lack of knowledge. have helm's manual at hand but still need help trouble shooting. anyway, i just replaced everything listed below:

fast idle valve o-rings, throttle body gasket, intake manifold gasket, pcv valve, fuel pressure regulator o-ring, all the fuel injector rings, EACV o-rings, ran coolant line straight to EACV bypassing the throttle body, removed the hose from intake pipe to valve cover and replaced it with a k&n breather filter, valve cover gasket, adjusted valves.

now, here's the problem. everything looks fine. car starts with no check engine light. idles fine too. but when i try to drive it, it bogs BAD. but it starts picking up at about 5000-6000 RPM. since i did all that crap i listed above, i don't know where i went wrong. suggestions?

i'd also removed the timing belt to adjust the cam sprockets cause they weren't lined up at TDC. i'm sure i did this right cause every valve i adjusted, the lobe was pointing the right direction and it matched the TDC on both sprockets and crankshaft. but i don't know, i might have screwed up somewhere.

anyway, any help will be greatly appreciated.

thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
haha...no. yes, it was stupid of me but i'm trying to learn. this engine is my "test" engine. trying to learn the stuff before i get another one. anyway, i think i figured out what i did wrong. my TDC on my cams does not match my crankshaft. yes, i know what damages could have been done due to this mistake. but now i'm trying to fix it to see if it's still good. anyway, the service manual states that the TDC on the crankshaft is marked by a white mark. i see two on mine. i bought the car used so i don't know what happened. anyway, i see a set of 3 groves on the crankshaft pully and another grove about 1/2 a inch away. the center grove of the set in 3 is white and the grove further away is also white. my question is which one is the TDC?
thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.