Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I’ve bought a roller integra. I’m wanting to prep the engine bay and body for paint so I am stripping it down head to toe and removing everything. And yes I will be painting EVERYTHING (I know I don’t have to).
My question is since I will be putting in either a b18c1 or possibly c5 what do I absolutely NEED to keep and put back in the engine bay to make the car run
properly. Is there a check list of any type out there? Yes this is my first go with a swap or install so please be kind.

·
Administrator
3,940 Posts
This is a subjective question. What do you mean by "make the car run properly"?

Are you wanting to keep power steering? A/C? What year is the vehicle (do you need or want to keep emissions items)? Are you wanting to wire-tuck?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is a subjective question. What do you mean by "make the car run properly"?

Are you wanting to keep power steering? A/C? What year is the vehicle (do you need or want to keep emissions items)? Are you wanting to wire-tuck?
my apologies for the vague question. It’s a 2000 LS. I want to keep power steering and AC. I’m not wanting to keep emissions items. I’ve heard there’s several things that can go. I’m also considering a wire tuck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
my apologies for the vague question. It’s a 2000 LS. I want to keep power steering and AC. I’m not wanting to keep emissions items. I’ve heard there’s several things that can go. I’m also considering a wire tuck.
And being that I want to do a b series vtec swap, what is needed for vtec?Should I look for a b18c1 harness as well or can I use the LS? And if I use the LS exactly where do I wire it in? (Heard you can wire in the vtec) since this is such a common swap I was hoping for an illustrated guide of some sort. I’m sure there has to be one out there??

·
Administrator
3,940 Posts
If you're planning on removing the emissions items, you're going to have a check engine light, which puts the vehicle in limp mode. You'll need an aftermarket ECU (Hondata, for example), along with converting to OBD1.

And being that I want to do a b series vtec swap, what is needed for vtec?Should I look for a b18c1 harness as well or can I use the LS? And if I use the LS exactly where do I wire it in? (Heard you can wire in the vtec) since this is such a common swap I was hoping for an illustrated guide of some sort. I’m sure there has to be one out there??
You're getting into a completely different topic, and moving away from the original question. I highly recommend doing some searching first, as this questions has been asked thousands of times. No need to have another thread about a B18C swap

1 - 6 of 6 Posts