Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK. I am a little confused about a car with a turbo failing emissions. I ordered the Drag III kit and it is not CARB legal like the Greddy kit. Here in TN we do not have an engine inspection. They just stick that dodad up my tailpipe( the car, not me) and test for emissions. So will I fail? If you are at idol then the turbo shouldn't be in boost right. So my exhaust should read the same. True or not?

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
A car always has to pass the tailpipe sniffer. A CARB # just means that the part/parts have been thoroughly tested and shouldn't cause any emission problems when installed properly on the intended application.
A turbo system is a major change. Just because it is not on boost doesn't mean it isn't changing anything. The intake, exhaust, fueling, etc. systems have been changed. A CARB # would assure you that you would pass the visual inspection and shouldn't fail the sniffer solely because of the turbo install.
I don't have any experience with turbo kits and emissions. You could call DRAG and ask them what to expect.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts