Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a letter in the mail last week stating that 1995, 1996, 1997 integras get an extended emissions warranty from Acura.

"In 1998, Acura entered into an agreement with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the California Air Resources board. The reason for this agreement was an assertion by the EPA and CARB that there is a technical problem with your Acura's OBD that causes it to not comply with the federal clean air act and california regulations.

Straight from the letter

if the car has between:

1. The Federal Emissions warranty and california emissions warrantees have been extended to 14 years from the date your vehicle was sold or 150,000 miles, whichever comes first

2. 50,000-75000 Acura will inspect your emissions control system free of charge. Any repairs or replacements will be done free of charge

3. 75,000-150,000 Acura will replace spark plugs, ignition wires, distributor cap and rotor all free of charge."

this should be usefull to many people who want to get free stuff from the dealer and keep their car running tip top. I can post the whole letter later on if people would like!

·
Registered
689 Posts
I got it too!!!!

Cant use it though since im obd converted and they will probably send me packing when they first look at it. I use diff spark plugs then stock, and I just did the cap and rotor myself. drats!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i'm hoping they'll do mine and won't void it because of my short ram intake or exhaust...if thats the case i'll just throw the stock stuff back on...definetly a good deal though...i need a tune-up anyways

·
Registered
10,995 Posts
just curious as to why they are doing this? why those specific years?

·
Registered
94 Posts
The timing could not be any better since I just bought my '96 SE 5 weeks ago(and the car has 103k!).

Thanks for posting the letter.

·
Registered
689 Posts
im not sure if that comes into play, i believe if u have a 1996 in ur case, you can go there, they do an inspection of the motor emissions system, replace all the parts listed in the letter and ur out. Im sure they try to get you in and out as fast as possible due to the amount of cars prob comming in. thats just my take on it. is it the original motor in the car?

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
This works for me I'm going to make an appointment tomorrow!! Last year, I had some problems that were covered with warranty and I also have exhaust and intake. They still replaced those parts, so I think you guys are fine.

·
Registered
689 Posts
intake and exhaust dont affect emissions, the only part of the exhaust that SENSORS that is the o2's in the cat/header, the intake just allows more air in, doesnt create harmful gases. i dont see how they wouldnt

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
is that just for obd1?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.