Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright i have an 90 integra GS, and having some prblems with my interor lighting. heres a list

1) when you try to turn on a light in my car the door light comes on in my dash.

2) when you have anything pluged into the cigrattelighter and the item is drawing energy the door light lights up dimmly.

3)when i open my door my rear defrost turns off

are all these problem in my head or something sereous.
an i also found out that the first owner put in neon lighting, power door locks and an alarm system. I removed it because i didn't have a remote for it. also the 2nd owner didn't know anything about it.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I would say you have either a short-to-voltage or a short-to-ground.

Which basically you have some wires "grounding" or getting power from somwhere they're not supposed to.

I would put my money on whoever installed the neons and alarm started messing with the wiring, and since you removed it all, you unknowingly altered the wiring.

Do a thorough check and make sure you have no loose or bare wires running anywhere. Check the fuse box and make sure there is nothing hardwired into it.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
check all your wires inside the dashboard and put tape around the ones you can see the wires directly.

·
Registered
39 Posts
urbanrush on Feb/03/06 said:
Alright i have an 90 integra GS, and having some prblems with my interor lighting. heres a list

1) when you try to turn on a light in my car the door light comes on in my dash.

I know this is an old post, but I spent all day today tearing my interior and dash apart looking for shorts for this very same problem and finally found the problem:
CHECK THE INTERIOR LIGHTING FUSE---It's in the engine compartment.

Ordinarily, the interior lights pull current from a white wire with a red stripe. When the fuse is blown, however, turning on the lights shorts the light green wire with a red stripe. This light green wire is the door indicator wire and it runs to your overhead lighting to act as control (door open: light on...door closed: light off). When the interior lighting fuse is blown, however, the lights don't turn on, but they complete a circuit with the light green wire with the red stripe (the door ajar circuit) and this turns the door open light on in the dash.

Weird, but true. I wanted to make sure this gets posted because the symptoms sound a lot more like a short circuit than a bad fuse and it took a lot of disassembly and studying of wiring diagrams in Helms to figure this one out today.

Hope this helps someone and saves them from the hours of unnecessary dash and interior disassembly I did today.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Update ...
I think i may have found out what it was that caused my fuses to become loose...
The previous owner had used an item that slides over the prong(s) of a fuse in order to tap into the electrical system for whatever reason. This i believe widened or "stretched" the fuse holder, making it so that it no longer holds the fuse securely.
I came across this idea when i realized all my problems started when i removed that paritcular device. to fix the problems i simply reinstalled it...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.