Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so for the past cuple weeks I've been having some problems with my car....... It started out with the remote start not wanting to turn off at all, I could start it with the keyfob(sp?) stick the key in there and no matter what i did it wouldn't turn off, I said f*ck it I'll get it fixed when I have the chance @ car-fi and stoped useing the remote start. Next thing started with the good ol break lights refusse to work, turn signals/back-up lights/parking lights work just fine, this one I thought I had blown a fuse or something, checked everyfuse no problem there. next thing to happen was my dash lights will flicker on and off for a cuple of times then go normal, and now my check engine light came on and there is some sort of elertrical failure with my transmission, turned it off haven't had any problems with the trany since. So I know it's electrical becuase I'm assuming all problems are related, but I have no Idea what the problem is, I know NOTHING about electrical.......NEED HELP!
BTW this is a 96 LS auto

·
Registered
565 Posts
this does SOUND electrical. i would start by unplugging the brain to your alarm altogether. see if that helps. if so it was your alarm, otherwise u have eliminated one source. also if that doesn't solve your problem i would proceed to check all of the wiring connections and make sure none are shorting at all.

·
Registered
107 Posts
i had a simalar problem with my car a while ago it turned out whoever installed the alarm system didn't do it right or not a good enough job becuase i had the same problem u had with the light and my alarm would just go off by itself. they had spliced about 14 wires into the wire harness that goes from the fuse box through the driverside firewall. i took out the alarm and chopped up harness and just replaced the harness that goes from fuse box, through the fire wall, fixed the prob for me. this took me a while to figure out so hopefully this helps u and dont take u as long to figure out

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.