Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I put this;
http://cableorganizer.com/metal-braided-sleeving/

onto my 4ga power cable for my subs, do you think it will cut the electrical interference? I'm not planning on having it be an issue, I'm staying atleast a foot away, but I thought it might be a good idea, what do you guys think?
Should I put it on the speaker wires I'm running back to the front of the car as well, just to be safe?

Andrew

·
Administrator
43,019 Posts
digdug18 on Sep/28/07 said:
Did I ask if its a waste of money?

Yes, you did, and i quote:

"but I thought it might be a good idea, what do you guys think?"

Quote: digdug18 on Sep/28/07Did I'm more worried about stray interference...will it work or not for that purpose???

if you have good quality 4 ga wire to start with, electrical intererence will not be an issue unless you are running crazy stuff like a short wave radio or the like... you should not be concerned with EFI as a problem for your power run

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
MorningZ on Sep/28/07 said:
Quote: digdug18 on Sep/28/07Did I ask if its a waste of money?
I'm more worried about stray interference...will it work or not for that purpose???

Andrew

You can take my "waste of money" answer as an equivelent of "no, you will not gain anything"

if you have good quality 4 ga wire to start with, electrical intererence will not be an issue unless you are running crazy stuff like a short wave radio or the like
x2

as long as you have good 4ga wire and you run all the wires properly you should be good to go

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.