Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are several camber kit posts floating around on this site and i have read them. I hear alot of yes you will need a camber, and no i'm fine without one. I plan on putting eibach sportline springs on my 95 teg with 205/40/17's. does anyone have this setup or a similar setup without a camber kit? Have you had it for more than a year and do you experience abnormal tire wear even with proper rotation. thanks anyone who can help.
If i had the money to buy a camber right now i would definately buy one, but i am going to school and can't afford it but still want a slammed look

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
then get lower,than get the camber kit when you can afford it... it's not one of those now-or-never things, and they're always good to have, no matter how much you lower it.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I went with the 1.3" Prokit springs cause I wanted to avoid the alighment kit. If I were you, I'd either get the Prokit (only 0.45" difference, supposedly) or spend the extra cash for the alignment kit (TireRack.com's pricing is $58 for rear and $129 for front) In the long run you'll save over the frequent tire rotations or tire wear. Call me paranoid but you should always realign after lowering the car. After all you could have worse handling than stock after you install the springs if your camber gets way off.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
When I dropped on Sportlines I got an alignment done about five days later. My all four tires were within factory camber spec's, however the rear tires were near the edge of -2.00 degrees. After the shop correct as much as possible, I have driven with them without a camber kit for about half a year with no noticeable tire wear. I rotate my tires every 3k miles.

Generally it's a good chance you will need a camber kit because you might be out of factory spec. If you are within spec it's your choice if you want one to correct all negative camber.

Some amount of negative camber helps in cornerning. You won't know for sure what your camber will read until you get an alignment done.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Same as yours.

I'm on Koni Shocks with the front perch set lowest and the rear perch set in the middle. The front gap is high enough to withstand any rubbing problems. The rear has like this paper thin gap from the fender, however, since my offset is good, my wheel just tucks right in and I've never rubbed yet.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
I've had my Sportlines on for a year or so and I never got a camber kit. However when I got them put on I went to get an alignment so it would be fixed. I've made a conscious effort to rotate my tires every 3k miles and I havent seen any uneven tire wear from the time I have had the springs.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the responses everyone. i'll give er a go without a camber and see what happens

·
Registered
92 Posts
Quote: pa1071 on Aug/21/02 I'm getting Koni fully adjustables and Eibach sportslines aswell. Would I have any problems with 17in wheels.[/QUOTE]
Depends on the sidewall height of your tires, I guess. I've noticed that most folks with tegs that have 17" wheels also have tire sizes of 205/40-17 (including me!) This size shouldn't be a problem. In fact, I'm thinking of going bigger to 215/45-17
when my current tires wear out in a couple years. For info on tire sizes, go here

·
Registered
156 Posts
I have 215/45-17's now. Thinking of going 205/45-17 but I will see how I go with the new setup. I put some Aussie made lowering springs on my teg but they are s*it, too soft and bouncey. The place that installed my springs did a lousy job. They ended up installing one of the springs upside down which caused it to slip out its seating which made rub on my chassis rail. They also for got to tighten bolts up.

When I get the new suspension in I will post how they go with the 215/45-17's. I have these tyres on because they keep the car in spec's. Its another way the cops throw a roadworthy on your car over here. If your tyres are under the load limit your car goes off the road.

Thats enough for now

·
Registered
10 Posts
timpac167: I just installed pro-kit/yellow combo. ANd I tried using the lower perch in the front and middle perch in the back. After the isntall, the front is lower than the back. Does yours do that?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts