Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
545 Posts
Integra15lb on Dec/11/02 said:
Im not trying to be a d**k here or nothing,but worring about your mpg after you super or turbo charge your integra is like worring about mpg if you buy a porche.
Personally, if I weren't worried at all about MPG, I'd just get a V8 and not worry about modifying a Honda. What's the point of turbocharging if you're not worried about fuel efficiency? The whole reason they invented turbocharging was to get large-displacement-like performance out of a small-displacement engine, so you don't have to suffer with large-displacement fuel economy when you're not accelerating.

Why can't anyone just give the man a decent answer? If he were so rich that he didn't give a rat's ass about fuel efficiency, he'd just buy a Porsche or something.

· Registered
545 Posts
IntegraBad18c on Dec/14/02 said:
Dwolsten, you mean burn efficiency, not MPG. A b18 burns air/fuel mix more efficiently than a Chevy 350.
Nope, I mean MPG. Do people with turbos never drive anywhere besides their locality? If I'm taking a long trip, I don't want crappy mileage just because I can accelerate fast from a stoplight. If all-out acceleration is your only goal, and MPG is not a concern, then you need to forget about turbos and just get a big-block V8 (and turbo that if you want even more speed).

Some people actually want a car that's good for things besides drag races.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.