Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im thinking of ditching my sportlines for a coil over set up this summer. Has anyone used the edelbrock coilover system. The struts they come with are dual valved and automatically adjust to the driving condition. Anyone had any experience with these.
Justin

·
Registered
49 Posts
I've had experience with them on a '97 GSR.
They're ok. They're an inverted coilover setup, meaning the shock body is mounted upside down and bolted to the body of the car. That's supposed to remove some unsprung weight. The only problem with that is that the spring tends to hit the abs and brake
cover shield. The spring rate for the setup is not that high and gives decent preformance on the street. It's 150 in/lbs in the rear and 250 in/lbs in the front. The ride in the rear is relatively soft. The front seems very stiff. I believe the front shocks are made by Bilstein. They are comparable to the Bilstein sport shocks for the type R. That setup is no longer on my car. The little locknut that Edelbrock uses to adjust the ride height froze and I ended up have to drill them out. It would've been nice if an adjustment tool was included with the coilovers. I can't recommend this setup. So far, I've yet to find a good adjustable coilover setup for my car. Tein is next on my list. I've heard good things about Mugen and Spoon, too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts