Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope I can get an answer soon does anybody know if there is a place out there that would repair an ecu? I believe mine crapped out it cranks but no start. I have already did all the test got sparks, fuel and good compression or if anybody have one for sale please let me know tnx.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Did I read that correctly that you have fuel and spark, but the engine still won't run? That does not sound like an ECU issue. Spark is easy enough to verify. I'm assuming you pulled your plugs and watched the sparks while cranking, but how did you verify fuel? Did you verify proper fuel pressure as well?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did I read that correctly that you have fuel and spark, but the engine still won't run? That does not sound like an ECU issue. Spark is easy enough to verify. I'm assuming you pulled your plugs and watched the sparks while cranking, but how did you verify fuel? Did you verify proper fuel pressure as well?
yes i did have spark on every spark plugs fuel pressure did the old school way pop the banjo bolt open turn the key to on position and watched it spit gas out and also used a fuel pressure gauge and that showed good pressure.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just because you have fuel pressure, doesn't mean you have fuel. Fuel pressure means the fuel rail is pressurized. It doesn't mean the injectors are pulsing and injecting fuel into the intake runner. Rarely do ECU's just go faulty. What codes are stored in the ECU?
The CEL light staying solid when I plug the paper clip on the jumper port. I tested every injector for pulsating and it’s also spitting out gas pretty good. Im kinda stuck here just doing some research that when the cel light staying lit it’s either a ecu or no codes at all.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Alright .. so you've confirmed spark, fuel, and compression. Since you're getting the first two, that also means your crank position sensor is functional. About the only other thing likely to give a complete no-start with those conditions would be a bad MAP sensor. Even a massive vacuum leak or a plugged IAC would at least get you a fire. To test, you might be able to get away with simply unplugging the MAP sensor. With the electrical connector unplugged, the computer should ignore the MAP and revert to an alpha-N control. Alternatively, you could also probe the signal lead of the sensor (ideally as close as possible to the point of connection to the ECU) during cranking and not and verify that readings are roughly right. The easiest way is via an OBD2 scan tool wherein you can watch the values in real time, not to mention the fact that using that method you are seeing exactly what the ECU sees, and there is no assumption that what you read with a meter on a wire is actually making it to the ECU.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hope I can get an answer soon does anybody know if there is a place out there that would repair an ecu? I believe mine crapped out it cranks but no start. I have already did all the test got sparks, fuel and good compression or if anybody have one for sale please let me know tnx.
You can try The Repair Shack in Lenexa, KS. They do all sorts of board repairs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts