Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently am starting on my project..(check sig) its has some parts stolen, vandalized. and missing the ecu.. and i happen to have a 00 si ecu.. which plugs into the car but the car won't turn over.. when i try to crank it.. the engine jumps but doesn't turn over.. is it b/c of the ecu? also it has a alarm system which was cut out of the car.. so that might be a problem also.. please LMK thanks MD

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
does any one know???

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
You can get any B-series ECU, with some exceptions, to make a Honda idle and drive non-agressivly. Sounds like an ignition problem.

·
Registered
39 Posts
A car needs 3 things to run: fuel, air and ignition. Check that these systems are working - you may have a bad relay...? Also, make sure your starter works and the battery is charged.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i know the battery is good... and the engine jerks when i try to crank it up... i was guessing the starter also.. i'll have to see though... i thought i heard the starter grind when i first tried to start it up... the starter is the first then i should check.. then whatss next? how can i myself check to see if the starter is shot?

·
Registered
173 Posts
I'm having the same problem with my obd1 p72 conversion on my 99 b18c1 :( My CEL and SRS light stays on with the obd1 ecu and doesn't do that on the obd2. My car won't start with the obd1 also. I tested the obd2 ecu and everthing works fine. anyone know what's going on?

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
NAR Dc2 R 727 on Aug/06/02 said:
I recently am starting on my project..(check sig) its has some parts stolen, vandalized. and missing the ecu.. and i happen to have a 00 si ecu.. which plugs into the car but the car won't turn over.. when i try to crank it.. the engine jumps but doesn't turn over.. is it b/c of the ecu? also it has a alarm system which was cut out of the car.. so that might be a problem also.. please LMK thanks MD
one word "IMMOBILIZER"

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
you sometimes have to take the car into the shop inorder to get the correct immobilizer values read in....super street or someone had an article on this a while back when they did the RSX swap into the civic....

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
jgold47 on Aug/07/03 said:
you sometimes have to take the car into the shop inorder to get the correct immobilizer values read in....super street or someone had an article on this a while back when they did the RSX swap into the civic....
it's not worth to remove immobilizer due to many problems
check engine light on and off often
car won't start sometimes
idle abnormal
can't remember all, but these are the problem after you remove immobilizer. so i suggest that you should get wire converter to 96-98 itr ecu. don't be cheap using that si ecu, it will not be good for your itr.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts