Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I’m trying to get into the car scene and do my own repairs/upgrades. I own a 2000 Acura integra ls (manual), and the issue that I’m currently having is an ECU problem that’s causing my car to be stuck in limp mode (can’t got past 3500rpms). I replaced the ECU once with a 37820-P75-C55, but now I’m thinking it’s not the right one. What’s the actual correct ECU for my type of car, can anyone help please?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh damn no wonder. Before I replaced the original ECU (P75-A05) I still had the same problem now. Does that mean that the first one I had went bad?

·
Administrator
4,123 Posts
You haven't stated what the original issue was, or what code was stored.

What diagnostics have you current run for your issue that determined you needed to replace the ECU? ECU replacement does happen, but if you're still having an issue, it may because there's an existing underlying problem that you haven't diagnosed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I don’t really remember what the code was, but when I took it to a mechanic they stated that the ECU should be replaced. The problem I’m having with the car is that when I’m trying to rev past 3500rpms, it doesn’t go any further than that and makes these sort of misfire or popping noises. The car doesn’t slow down at all when I reach 3500rpms but just gets stuck making the popping noises if I hold the accelerator down. I’m going to see if I could get some codes with the original ECU back on the car, but hopefully it’s nothing too crazy

·
Administrator
4,123 Posts
You're in limp mode, due to a stored code, that's due to another issue. On these ECU's, if it detects an issue, it'll keep you from over reving, and really bog the fuel down with fuel as a safety measure until you have the underlying issue fixed. You really need to have the error code to assist with diagnosing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts