Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 integra gsr w/ a blox type r manifold, type r throttle body, and i/h/e setup. My car was running fine until one day it started reving up and down from 1k to 3k repeatedly. At this point the CEL came on, but the car was runing ok. So i brought it home, tried to fix teh IVAC. the idle is ok now but the car cel read solid. So i bougth a new Erics tuning ecu, jumper harness and now am running on this new ecu. I know for a fact that this ecu works fine because it ran on another gsr perfectly fine. HOwever, the car runs fine now for like 10 minutes and then out of nowhere the CEL comes back on and it goes into limp mode. The weird thign is, the car doesn't even start w/ teh old obd 2 stock ecu. the fuel is shut off for some reason. we checked all the grounds, got a new battery, alternator, and distributer but no imrpvoement. the car starts fine and runs fine at first but then the CEL and limp mode. anybody have any idea?? please help!!!!

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
daheechang on Feb/04/06 said:
the cel code is solid. the funny thing is, the ecu is good forsure.

Did you try this? to see what code the ECU was storing?

The CEL comes on solid if the ECU has a trouble code. You have to retrieve the code from the ECU using the above article I linked to you.

You need to find the code, correct the problem, then reset the ECU.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea we tried this. the weird thing is, after we turn the car on/off the cel comes off. and then after driving for a lil bit the cel comes back on. ti's the weirdest thing

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
yea we tried this. the weird thing is, after we turn the car on/off the cel comes off. and then after driving for a lil bit the cel comes back on. ti's the weirdest thing

Huh???

So what CEL did you get?

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
the weird thing is, after we turn the car on/off the cel comes off. and then after driving for a lil bit the cel comes back on.
Even though it goes on and off, it will still be stored in the ECU.

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
daheechang on Feb/05/06 said:
the CEL is solid. as in it did not blink at all.
The CEL light was solid even after you jumped the diagnostic plug???

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
You can use anything that will conduct electricity. I've used speaker wire to check a CEL at the track.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.