Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Howdy folks. Not sure if anyone checks these anymore, but I have a 2001 Type R that continues to throw the P1457, despite taking it to my local dealer many times. I know it is difficult to diagnose and while I have learned a few things here lurking on the forums, I think I'd be over my head trying to fix. So far I believe the two way valve has been replaced, the purge valve, the part that sits above the charcoal canister, the vacuum switch solenoid, fuel gas cap (I know this is another code) as well as some of the associated hosing. I understand that parts are becoming more scarce for these cars due to the rarity, but was hoping someone may have knowledge on how to resolve this ongoing issue. Each year before inspection, I take it to the dealer to have it cut off.

The first recent symptom I had of this was after I got a new set of tires that may have been slightly bigger than stock. Could that cause some vibration that may result in the system detecting a leak? I also almost ran out of gas after losing my wallet. Would the system be damaged? Could it be an ECU issue? If so, would a 98 euro spec ecu function just as good and allow me to pass inspections? I've been speculating for about 3 years now, hoping the dealer would catch it and I would be willing to pay someone here to help me isolate and resolve this.

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
Have you searched the forum?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hey! Yes I've searched the forum and I found that article as well. Oh wow it was yours lol. Did

actually I just reread and saw your update. Im going to replace charcoal canister for safe measure. I really hope it is not the ECU. They are pretty pricey for Type Rs it seems.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update: scheduling a smoke test. Just a question, does anyone know if a euro or jdm ecu would work and pass inspection in NC? They are significantly cheaper. I am looking for something as close to stock as possible.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts