Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, would like a little insight on this. I purchase a rear skirt on ebay but I lost the front skirt from the same guy. So I e-mailed the seller of both the front and rear and asked if there was a front skirt in stock. He e-mailed back and said he would add it to the package and gave me a price. Is this a good idea to deal with outside of ebay? Do I pay him for both and hope they both come or cut my losses and only get the rear...does this sort of thing happen....
HELP

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
if its from a business, and he's got decent feedback, thats about all you can go by to trust them. see if they are a 'preferred' seller or anything like that.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Also how are you paying for the item? If it's by paypal just ask him to set it up as a buy it now and he shouldn't have a problem with it if he's an honest seller.
Later,
Jared

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I a newbie when it comes to ebay. How could I find out if it's a business? He said that the perferred method of payment is cheque, money order, or cashiers checks and they recently switch from paypal and that i could call in a credit card.
I checked his feeback and it's good 15 happy and no negatives or neutrals. What's go me concered is the price he gave me on the front lip, it's kinda low, should this be a concern. The same lip right now is on ebay for $81.00. he also said he wouldn't have any in for 5 days???

·
Registered
747 Posts
15 positive feedbacks on eBay is not much, they could be from people who he's bought stuff from, not necessarily from happy buyers so look for that. Your best bet is to buy with paypal, and for a couple of bucks extra you can get extra buyer protection if you're not 100% confident of who you're buying from. The worst thing you can do is send a check or MO if you're not sure.

There's a lot of great sellers on eBay, with a lot of great deals, just do what you can to protect yourself a a buyer and you'll be fine.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
whats the item# of the item you bought so we can look at what he offers? but seriously just ask him to put up a buy it now auction (might even offer to pay the extra $5 that it'll cost him to list it) he should have NO PROBLEM WITH THIS if he does say thanks and you'll buy it elsewhere also pay buy paypal but get us his ebay id or the auctions item# that you bought.
Later,
jared

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the Item number is: 2456637923
he says that they switched from paypal to direct payment
but his web site says the can still do paypal

his site is http://www.phasenine.com[/URL]

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
ah direct payment is even better for you if you pay by cc you have more protection. All his feedback are from stuff he has sold and just because a seller is new doesn't mean they are bad just ask for a direct payment link or a buy it now auction
Later,
Jared

·
Registered
215 Posts
First of all, i have been ripped off before on ebay becuase i didnt have the transaction go through ebay, insteadn through email. It was a long time ago when i was new at it, and i got my stuff back after a while(long story) and it ended up being a 15 yr old kid who was making trades with everyones stuff. I looked at the feedback and it looks good although they have only been a member for a little over a month. I doubt they will ruin what looks to be a good business for them over $100. I could be wrong but i think ebay has a method that you can have a transaction on an item not listed(cant remember what its called but i know it exists). Definatly get their number and call them. Then go from there.

·
Registered
1 Posts
A good rule of thumb is to never just hand someone some cash. Always do some research on the guy. There's a good chance you could get taken for a ride. You can find anything you want on the internet. Don't go in blind.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I ordered my full front Mugen JDM lip from that website. and they have a listing with Groupbuycenter also. I'm about to order a rear lip and my friend is ordering a type R lip for his 92 teg.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts