Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had bought my 2000 Integra LS 5spd a few months ago with 180,000 miles on it. Not to worry, I didn't overpay even considering now my mechanic said it has burnt valves and bad cylinder rings. Considering how many miles the block has, and the cost to rebuild my current engine, I have decided I'm going to swap it. Naturally, I'll only go with a B18B1 or a high comp B20 (VTEC too expensive, ya boy in school). There are only a couple I can find locally in the SATX region, which would be preferred to get away from shipping costs. I turned my focus to online sources like Ebay, and found quite a few engines I thought were good candidates.

Has anyone had bad experiences ordering engines off Ebay? I think the biggest red flag for me is the 90 day warranties most of them carry, but it's hard to beat their price and claimed low miles. Also, if anyone knows of anywhere in the SATX area with the engines I'm looking for in stock, I'd greatly appreciate the info.

If you want to see some of the engines I'm considering:
Option 1
Option 2

Also, this is my first post! Despite its flaws, I absolutely adore my Integra. I've thrown coils and 205's on it for a clean handling build, and it eats up all the local 'stangs and whatever "muscle" cars on my local twisty roads despite it making 140hp if that. ;)

·
Administrator
4,404 Posts
"Has anyone had bad experiences ordering engines off Ebay?"

Just to give you some insight on your question here. eBay is an online store in which ANYONE can sell their items, which I'm sure you already know. From a used set of PC speakers to a used vehicle, the reliability will come from the seller, not the product in itself. In other words, there are going to be people that have had great experiences with purchasing an engine, vs others who haven't. It's a risk because you're relying on the seller about the product they're selling, and not the product itself.

Go with a reputable company like Hmotorsonline.com. You may pay a little more, but they're guaranteed and have years of satisfied customers. You really don't know what you're getting from eBay until you get it, and by that time, the transaction has been finalized. You have know idea on mileage, reliability, worn parts, etc.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey, this isn't even that far off the Ebay motor's price points. I don't know how I didn't happen upon this website, I checked out at least 5 JDM-specific engine sites. I'm seriously considering purchasing the B20 HC they have listed today. Thanks so much!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts