Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Electric Turbo
Im not saying that this thing works but someone seriously needs to buy it and try it out lol. I want to see what this thing does on a dyno. I would buy it just to see what happens but im strapped for cash at the moment

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
Its been brought up and discussed many times, the conclusion each time.. its such crap that its not even worth one person buying it to test it :)

Best stick with proven methods =)

btw, most of the electronic turbo kits they sell are actually made for boats and can be pieced together for less than $40.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL. I just think that someone should get one and test it out haha. Anyone got the spare cash to test this thing out?

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
I'd be curious to see actual dyno results, rather than just "it's a piece of junk", even though that's almost certainly the case.

240cfm is not a lot of air, but that number doesn't really tell you much anyways. Sure, it may be able to blow a maximum of 240cfm in the open, but what if it has some resistance? Trying to compress air would create quite a bit of resistance, and somehow I doubt that tiny little motor could overcome the resistance to create actual pressure. But a more powerful electric motor may have better luck. I know that you can build something similar to or better than the e-Ram for under $80 using an R/C jet's ducted fan unit and a powerful 12V hobby motor, but I'd still have my doubts about the gains with that.

I'd be curious to know how much air an Integra engine draws at WOT at various RPMs. Anyone know?

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
Yup, the E-Ram has been covered before. Its still a gimmic. Save you money =)

·
Registered
6,638 Posts
loak211 on Oct/23/07 said:
yup pretty dabatable for the hp/tq gain if any it not worth it from eram anywayz.but untill i know somone that done it i cant say for sure.
Did we really need to bring this back from the dead of 5 years ago? Not really considering we already know they dont work.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.