Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my hasport mounts in the mail today. I know the side mounts are easy to do because i had them out before.

What is the easiest way to go about doing the rear mount aside from taking the motor out of the car?

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Check my profile for DIY ES inserts. I did this with the motor in the car.

·
Registered
21,509 Posts
Just got my hasport mounts in the mail today. I know the side mounts are easy to do because i had them out before.

What is the easiest way to go about doing the rear mount aside from taking the motor out of the car?
Universal socket joint + Lots of extensions and you can unbolt the 3 bolts on the rear mount, then unbolt the t-bracket and take them both out in one piece. :D

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Universal socket joint + Lots of extensions and you can unbolt the 3 bolts on the rear mount, then unbolt the t-bracket and take them both out in one piece. :D
Easiest way I know also. It still can be a PIA but it is what it is.

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
remove intake, remove lower header pipe (b pipe?). remove bracket on engine. remove intake manifold support. wiggle/curse/drink/ repeat.
and get a tap and die ready. 12 x 1.5 I believe.

go from the top and bottom. its really a *****. just know that before you start and itll make your life that much more bearable

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
and a tip, when putting in new mounts or inserts, definitely do the rear one first. This way if you need to wiggle and shake the entire around, it will. If you do the two sides first and then try to do the rear, the stiffer side mounts wont let the motor wiggle and will just make your job harder.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts

A bunch of extensions or a 2 foot long extension will work very well with a swivel adapter and a 14mm socket on the end. You can get the 3 bolts for the rear mount from the top, and you can get the upper bolt for the t-bracket in the same way. The other 2 bolts for the t bracket are easy to get to from under the car.

I found it even easier to first remove the long bolt that bolts the rear mount to the t bracket and separate the rear mount from the t-bracket instead of removing them in one piece. You can wiggle the bracket out of the way and pull the mount up from the top without touching any of the other mounts. Dont forget that you will need to put a jack under the car to support the engine/tranny before you start.

You can reach the long bolt that bolts the rear mount to the t bracket from under the car and actually get good leverage on it with a 1/2 drive ratchet.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I didn't even jack my car up... All I did was pull the intake manifold off and it was staring at me. Took me about 3 hours to remove and install the IM, and 20 minutes to replace the mount itself. But definitely use a jack to support the engine/tranny and line up the bracket with the bolt hole in the mount>

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
I didn't even jack my car up... All I did was pull the intake manifold off and it was staring at me. Took me about 3 hours to remove and install the IM, and 20 minutes to replace the mount itself. But definitely use a jack to support the engine/tranny and line up the bracket with the bolt hole in the mount>
Definately dont think that this is the easiest way to do it but it was probably the least obscenity way to go about it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi anyone still respond to these? do I have to take the T bracket do change the mount cant you just replace the mount and leave the bracket in place as to eliminate half the work?
Just looking for the easiest way to do this without any power tools or lifts...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is it worth the pain?

Need to swap out the rear mount of a Gen2 Teggy 92 LS. All the other mounts have been swapped, but I need to swap out the rear. Mechanic quoted me three hours, ~$360.... Thoughts?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts