Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i know a lot of ppl heard of them, but i havent. the only thing i heard was that it was like maaco, where their paint is cheap quality. but 2 of my friends got their car done. one at maaco, and one recently at earl schiebs. to me, earl schiebs look way better than maaco(but any other would). i see some minor flaws, but other than that it looks normal. she didnt know what kind of paint, how many coats, etc. they used. so i just wanna know if this is an ok(not good, or bad) but ok shop. again, im not really too familiar w/ them, but i do know maaco, they suck.

·
Registered
154 Posts
if it you see flaws it sucks lol nah i got my 98 painted a while back but that was threw a friend , long as u know the quality of paint and how many coats ect. it helps out alot, where in cali are u>?

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
they are alrights i guess, my brother got his 93 teg painted there from green to blue, it looks ok, but like you said if you look you are going to see little flaws, not really in the paint but body work, they didn't fix like some scatches or like they painted part of his exhaust, he could clean that though, but you get what you pay for, i am taking mine soon to probably 1day paint job, they have painted a couple of cars that have come out in turbo or import tuner, don't know if specifically that shop but one of theirs. they are on paramount and firestone if you want to check them out.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im around riverside. theres one here, and some dude here on ti said he got his done at the one in torrance and they did a nice job on his. integra00gsr, is that 1day shop in whittier? and are they pricey?

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
i got mine painted at earl's and its fine.. no chipping or anything.. jus make sure u ask for the perl paint job and tip him maybe like an extra 50 .. he will make sure your job is as nice as it can be

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea, ricky ur the guy that got the viper blue huh? that looks pretty dope. i guess ill pay them a visit, and ill do that. thanks alot bro.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
hey sassy, that shop is in downey and they are not that pricey, i think it starts at aroun $500, and goes up from there. i think this one guy paid like $1300 to install a body kit and paint the car, and it look pretty clean.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
um i think i know where its at integra00gsr. but i also think theres one in long beach on carson and cherry, i may be wrong. but do you recommend them over earl schiebs? b/c at 500, i might as well go to them if theyre good. but do you know what kind of paint they use for 500? i know i shouldnt be expecting much, but just curious b/c before i paint, i wanna get the best deals possible w/o finding out later, like "damn, i shoulda went there". thanks alot.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
my thought is if they don't take these steps:
1.take each panel off
2.sand each panel down to metal
3.prime each panel
4.paint each panel
5.sand paint off down to primer
6.paint again
7.clear coat
8.sand clear coat
9.clear coat once again
they are not worth it...maaco and places like that usually just paint over the exsisting paint and the paint usually looks dull and thick and these places don't get into smaller areas, i would never recommend any of these places but who am i too say of earl's i'm mainly talking about maaco.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
flyin high, is any 1 day paint jobs like this? b/c regular paint jobs take weeks. like integra00gsr said, that some import tuner cars use 1day paint, and if thats true, sh*t, thats good enough for me. im just tired of my primered teg and i want some color on it! but i guess ima have to wait, b/c im still looking.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
[email protected] guy, si blue with a shreded paint look that goes into a bare metal look, a local imprt/paint shop quoted me at 1700 for full job, everything that i listed was a list they gave me, too bad i don't have any money

sassy cassy: allshops are not like this i'm just saying maaco is like this, i've never had experience with earl's but it can't be as bad as maaco.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks guys, ill keep on continuing my long journey to find the "best" paint shop, considering: time, quality, and of course $$$!!!

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
i'm not sure what process 1day goes through but from what i have seen they do a better job than earl's. i strongly suggest you don't go to earl's. i've seen three cars painted there and from far they look good, but once you look for detail, sorry not good.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yea, i kinda get the idea that earls isnt good now that more and more ppl is telling me that. but im gonna look into the 1day thing your talking about. right now my budget is only $1000
but my cuzn got one for $800. it was one of those paint jobs where they only paint everything visible, but it looks really good b/c they went through all the complete steps. i might go for that, or wait until my tax return in spring '03 and get a 3k-3.5k paint, but even w/ that price, they still take a couple of weeks!
the fastest i know of is facelift auto body in long beach, for 3k, they take a week and a half. dang i love auto body, but i hate auto body shops.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
hey if you don't mind waiting for spring to get a better paint job, then wait, if i had the money i would rather get it done right than just something that looks good from the outside, since you would still have to get the other parts done someday, might as well wait and get everything done at once and right. jmo

·
Registered
138 Posts
I know how you feel man. When you want everything done quick cuz you cant stand your car looking that way. I ended up taking my car to Earl's and got the most expensive job they got(which was only 450!LOL). Now i hafta repaint my car again cuz its chipping all over the place. I waited this time to save up and get REAL paint. If I didnt waste my time with crappy paint I coulda put that 450 towards a good paint job and got it sooner. Just wait and get a good paint job.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yea you guys are right. if time and $$$ is what i need to make my car look good then so be it. but w/ a primered teg, 1 day seems like an eternity. i just keep telling myself "one day, itll look sooo nice."

1 - 18 of 18 Posts