Team Integra Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the proper way to use the ebrake in a drift on a manual transmisson ? i was doing this on ice and its alot of fun , will it cause damage ? thanks in advanced

·
Registered
305 Posts
just have to develop a feel for it. but it does cause flatspots on the rear tire. I had a bunch of then on my last set of tires.I try not to do it no more but i got so damn good at it taht people swear I have a rear wheel drive car. But as long as you do it in an open space parkinglot and not in the street, I don't think its anymore reckless then speeding. just be ready to change out the tires

·
Registered
503 Posts
TheGSRGuy on Feb/05/04 said:
You'll create flat spots on the tires, not to mention it is extremely reckless.
Dude, you're from AZ. Have you even seen ice? The only thing is the flat spots really. You won't get the rotors hot since they instantly lock up. Just make sure you do it in a safe location, which isn't always a parking lot....

·
Registered
503 Posts
Actually, the suspension pieces might get some wear or possibly break if you do something real bad. If you think about it, they aren't designed to work in that direction. I think that for the most part though, you'd be fine.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah this is on private property on ice..didnt think it would be to harmful unless it was on pavement...whats the proper technique ? ive been pushing the clutch in turning the wheel pulling the ebrake all while the brake is in

·
Registered
305 Posts
What I do is swing the car in the opposite direction just a tad then swing it in the direction i am going in while applying the ebrake and give it gas. turn the wheel in the direction of the slide and feather the gas pedal. that swing is called a pendulum (spelling) and that is the way rally racers do it to go into a slide. Bu I caution you that it takes practice and needs to be done in a well open area and not the street. as far as the supension goes, I could not tell you if it was really bad or not. but don't do this every chance you get. after that you need to just get the feel for it.
I had a g2 5 years ago and i use to do it alot and never had a problem with the rotors or suspension, but it was hard on the tires though

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the info. .. ive only done it maybe 5 times , just thought it would be something cool to do when there is ice down on the road ( private ) thanks

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
I love coming home late at night and doing some empty parking lot pseudo "drifting" ;) Its a blast, and is a good way to get to know how your car reacts in spin situations. I like to try going sideways and continue on straight. Great practice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.