Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, I drive a 94 DB and recently I've had some trouble with my E-brake. When parking on a hill I'll set the e-brake and get out of my car, but then I start to hear creaking like the brake isn't stable and my it makes me think my car will start rolling forward or backward..

Needless to say it scared the crap out of me and I ended up parking way away so my baby wouldn't get hurt.

Has my e-brake bit the dust, and if so anyone know the costs of fixing it?

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, all the e-brake does is manually squeeze the rear brakes. So there are 2 options in my mind: check your rear brake pads and, the more likely of the two, check to make sure the tension is adjusted correctly on the e-brake. If the brake handle is really easy to pull up, it's not tight enough. I don't know exactly at what point it should feel tight, but my guess would be about halfway-2/3rds up it should feel fairly hard to pull. That means it's nice and tight. I'd just take it to a brake shop and get them to adjust it for you. Prolly costs like $10-15. You can do it yourself, but I'd personally rather spend that much money and be sure it's done right (lot cheaper than the repairs when the brake fails).

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just to test and see if it wasn't messed up, I pulled my e-brake while driving in the parking lot goin about 15mph and it doesn't feel like it's working... >.>;;

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Sounds like it needs to be adjusted like I said. If it's really easy to pull up, it's not adjusted correctly, like I said. There should be a good amount of resistance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.