Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

I did a search for e brake problems, but couldn't find a solution for my problem.

The passenger side e brake cable on my 90 RS doesn't disengage completely, it makes noise and is wearing down my pads.

I let my car sit for about 2 weeks with the e brake up and now this problem is happening.

I took off the console inside the car and noticed my cables (left and right) are diagonal to each other (which from searching this forum found a lot of people had this problem). I tensioned the e brake cable (it used to be at like 15 clicks, now at 7).

I took it out for a drive (before tensioning cable) and the pads were smoking and smelled terrible.

The wheel is still not spinning freely.

I also noticed that the little coil/spring thing at the passenger side brake doesn't move as much as the driver side when engaging/disengaging the e brake.

Any idea of how to fix this? I really don't feel like changing my cable!!

Thank you very much for your time and help!

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
You might need a new caliper. Check to see if it retracts back after you pump the brakes. My rear ones were like that before and found out that the caliper wasn't retracting back to normal position. I grind my rear till they were broken in to the point they weren't rubbing no more. Or a warped rotor will do that too.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I had the same prob, the e brake cam in the caliper was just very tight, and didnt retract much at all. I tried to fix it, but it will just happen again unless u do a full rebuild and clean all the part so theres no gunk anymore. Just buy a new reman caliper from autozone for like 60 bucks.

Good luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.