Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the past few days my E-brake light has been staying on even with the handle all the way down. Now it does dim a little when putting it down, but barely. I think it might be rain because it's been raining constantly for nearly 4 days now. Any suggestions on where to look to find my problem?

2000 GSR 132,xxx

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
my ebrake light used to say on if it was really cold outside, turned out i just needed brake fluid lol

·
Registered
800 Posts
that or if you have some play you may just have to take the center console off so you can re-adjust the ebrake. my ebrake light was sometimes stay on when i had it all the way down, readjust and problem solved. was on my 01 gsr

·
Registered
36 Posts
wife's teg had a piece of paper obstructing the little sensor thing on the ebrake handle so it wouldn't turn off, just removed it and its fine haha look inside the center console.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, checked my brake fluid, it was a little over half full, filled it up, and the light has not stayed on since, but now my power locks keep randomly locking themselves.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
The locks are a completely different problem,it can be the relay tripping or the aftermarket alarm is tripping. Check the wires under the dash

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know they're separate, but it amazes me what a little rain could do. Where would the relay be because I don't have a alarm of any kind thanks to living in a very low crime area.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Honda actually released a technical service bulletin for this problem. Here's a copy of what it says:
Brakes - Brake System Lamp Comes ON/Goes Off 03-029
October 17, 2003
Applies To:
1997-01 Integra - ALL
1999-033.2 TL - ALL
2001-03 3.2 CL - ALL

Brake System Indicator Comes On and Goes Off

SYMPTOM
The brake system indicator comes on after a cold start, then goes off after a few minutes of driving.

PROBABLE CAUSE
The master cylinder reservoir filter is not allowing the cap to vent properly, causing the fluid level in the filter to change.

CORRECTIVE ACTION
Replace the master cylinder reservoir filter.

PARTS INFORMATION
Master Cylinder Reservoir Filter:p/N 46666-S04-J02
Float:p/N 46662-S84-999

Basically you need to replace the filter screen and the float in the master cylinder reservoir. I'm having the same problem with my 99 GSR. It tends to be worse in colder weather.

·
Registered
452 Posts
I guess I'm confused...didn't he say he had a 2000 GSR the first post?

·
Registered
832 Posts
With electrical problems after a heavy rain, I would be looking for water leaking into the cabin somewhere. Sounds like the drivers side windshield possibly, if water gets in the cabin it can reek havoc and cause strange things to happen. The worst part is locating the leak since their always behind the dash. If you suspect a water leak the best place to look would be under the cowel that covers the bottom of the windshield and behind the A-pillar.

I found mine in my truck by spraying it in the front and windshield area with a hose. It was the coax cable for the antenna, water was going straight through the center of the wire to my radio!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts