Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a problem with my e-brake light. I put the ebrake all the way day and then when im driving down the road it will come on out of no where and then that causes my abs light to come on. Sometimes when it comes on it will just turn off also. I took the armrest out above the handle so i could look at it. When it comes on i pull the ebake a little bit so i can hit the button that makes the light turn off and then it will turn off and then its fine. My manitence required light is flashing now which i know how to turn off but i wonder if its all related. Sorry if it was confusing but i dont know whats going on. Help me please, thanks.
Garin

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
Is the brake light on when the ebrake is up or down? If you drive with the ebrake up on a 94-95 teg the ABS will be de-activated.

If the light comes on when the e-brake is down, then check your brake fluid and lines/hoses for leaking.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah it makes the abs not work. It will come on when driving down the road so its down. I just pulled it up a little so i could hit the button and and make the light go off. Ill check the fluid and see if it is low.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i held the button down then i pulled it up so the light would go off and since i manually pushed it down it turned back on when i let the button go but turned back off when the ebake was down. I did that so it wouldnt deactivate my abs. Sorry if thats confusing again but that how it happened and it confused me and that was the best way i could explain it.

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
Inspect your pads. It is normal for the level to go down as the pads wear. I would add any DOT 3 or DOT 4 fluid to the full level if your pads are ok.

Hell even if they arent. Make sure that fluid is at the top mark.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.