Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was scanning the net. this morning trying to get an Idea what to do next to my Teg. when I came across this owners worst nightmare!
Makes you think twice about who you let Dyno your Teg. Heh

Ever see or hear of this happening before?

ImportAtlanta.com .......Check it out! Good site.

·
Registered
732 Posts
seen it before.........and ill say it again Holy sh*t. Either that car has a sh*t load of power or they didnt strap the car down right or a little of both.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
it looks like they did not properly install the supports straps to the car or one of the straps broke during the dyno...i know when they dynoed my car it's strapped down and it's not going anywhere...they even double check everything before they fire her up...this could have only been done by improper harnessing...

·
The Enforcer!
5,802 Posts
you can see in the second picture that the front straps arent even near the car as if they didnt put it on.

·
Registered
6,059 Posts
find a shop that uses dynapacks instead of rollers.

Not only are they 10x more accurate, but its impossible for you're car to go anywhere. They just roll the units up, bolt them to the hubs, and have complete control over the car. Unlike rollers where keeping the car strapped down is a problem, the dynojet things could stop you're engine mid acceleration before the piston made it down the cylinder if they so desired.

It boggles the mind why they arent more popular compared to rollers, hell they can register the difference in output when you turn on you're headlights.

one of the most usefull things about it was that since they have complete control over the car and theres no cooling issues etc, they can hold the engine at a specific RPM with you're foot to the floor, or slow it down to get better readings. Cool stuff.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
If that happen to me I would most like flip $hit

·
Registered
6,059 Posts

Ok, I'm done. I'm partial because I intially tuned my car on rollers, then a new shop opened up around here with dynapacks, and it was 100x better. The only tiedown they used was the parking brake so the car wouldnt move around as they were jacking it up, once its supported by the units all the energy is absorbed by the hydraulics.

They also charge less because they supposedly save alot on electricity, water, installation, and alot on insurance.

·
Registered
10,995 Posts
Dynapacks, that's interesting. I've never heard of those till now.
I remember my uncles MR2 getting dynoed along with 10 others, a big meet. After a while everyone was like, "I'm getting sleepy/tired". We asked the owner where the exhaust vented to. He said, "vent? I just put this dyno in." We were all high or something, we went outside to sit in on the concrete, no one was saying anything, just silence.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts