Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
finally dynoed my car today, I got some pretty sweet torque gains from just an intake and header.

the car is a 1990 gs 192,000Km
blue - 2 1/4" exhaust
green/red - 2 1/4" exhaust, AEM CAI, DC Sports 4-2-1 Header
both runs are on the same dyno

largest gain was about 15ft-lbs and 12whp @4500rpm
gained about 9 peak whp, and just under 6 ft-lbs peak tq

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thx MD, I installed the VAFC last night, so I could attempt to clean up the dip, i guess there's no way to know it's lean or rich though, so I'll just wait until it's time to tune the finished build.

I just did this dyno for interest and for other people to take a look at. Next month the 404's are going in, and the CR will be upped to around 10.8, raised redilne to 7400 or so and then I'll be having everything tuned.

See you next month!

·
Registered
661 Posts
VAFC? What motor are you running in the GS? My shop told me not the use the VAFC for non-v's... Let us know how it works out(because I can get a vafc for cheap as apposed to buying a new safc-just want to know if it will work ok)!

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
actually it turns out the VAFC is a much better buy. Turns out even though you don't have VTEC, the VAFC still lets use both the high and low tuning points, so you get 16 points instead of 8.

As far as using it on non-vtec engine's, just tell your shop to leave the 2 vtec wires unconnected.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.