Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 98 ls and it came with this funky upholstery that's black with diagonal bluish stripes. Does anyone know of a product that can die cloth upholstery that wont rub off on clothes over time? Thanks.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
There are lots of dyes. The thing is that you are going to have to remove the fabric in order to use it. Everything else is going to come off on your clothes over time. You can't dye fabric effectively unless you emerse it in the solution and you can't very well do that while it is all wrapped around your seat frame now, can you? ;)

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
taking off the cloth isnt that big of a deal anthony, you just new a bunch of hog rings and a pair of hog ring pliars to put it back on, as well as another set of hands to make the job easier...

but in terms of dye, the black seats with blue crap are gonna be hard to do much with, the black obviously can only be dyed black, no other color would work, so you are gonna end up with the black being really dark, and the blue striped showng thru a little most likely a very dark purplish....i think you are SOL unless you go leather or replacement cloth..i am very fortunate that the best cloth came in 94-95 LS's, light grayish, but very classy, and holds up extremely well....

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Ive never seen anyone dye fabric seats... what i have seen that works very well is dying leather... i know that leather will dye but im not sure if the fabric is a good idea.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Sure you could do it with a sharpie. I thought the goal was to have it not wear off on your clothes though...

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Buy some seat covers.lol Buy some seat skins off of someone. As far as dyeing the stripes go,check with a local auto upholstery shop or a fabric store. See if a fabric store has dyes that are permanent and can be applied with a brush or something. Let us know if you try it. Oh yeah test it in an inconspicious area first.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts