Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My girlfriend is very much wanting a set of Fat Fives for her CRX. We found a set for a decent price that has been painted gunmetal. It seems as he has listed that this person went through all of the necessary steps and did a really good job. Yet I am still wondering about the durability... If a rock hits the rims, will a piece chip off? I'd rather not have to touch em up every couple of months.

The paint that was used was a gunmetal from the Duplicolor line.

Let me know any experiences or insight! I'm really considering picking these up!!

·
Registered
712 Posts
depends on how well you take care of them and what conditions they're driven in. If he said he did all of the proper steps the paint could last as long, if not longer than, 5 years. As long as you dont travel on gravel you should be ok on the chipping area. But if you curb check them you're going to be looking at touch up.

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Traize on Feb/07/04 said:
depends on how well you take care of them and what conditions they're driven in. If he said he did all of the proper steps the paint could last as long, if not longer than, 5 years. As long as you dont travel on gravel you should be ok on the chipping area. But if you curb check them you're going to be looking at touch up.
Curbage is DEFINATELY not an issue in our case.

·
Registered
11,935 Posts
As long as your willing to fix them and re paint them in the future...what does it matter? I am however a big fan of powder coating.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
i painted mine.. they were great until winter came.. stupid Oregon's DOT.. they spread little gravel down on the snow and ice to help wich did a number on the rims.. lots of little chips....ohh i used the same paint as the one in the article here on T-I.....but during the other seasons.. they're perfect

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We would prefer rims that aren't painted actually, but these we can get for the same price as unpainted rims, and we can't find unpainted ones in the same condition. They are a nice gunmetal too which is what she wants.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
ive had painted wheels for about a year now, and i havnt had any problem with them. i put another coat on when i put new tires on, but that was just because i wanted to, not because it needed it. if you end up getting the wheels and they have a bad paint job, just get some aircraft remover and repaint them your self.

Adam

·
Registered
156 Posts
i painted my 18 racing harts with some expensive PPG black paint. looks great! no chipping, except for one center piece but it was my careless error when i was taking them off. but no chips from the road or anything. powder coating is the way to go but paint wil hold up as well. even when you buy brand new wheels they have a finish on them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts