Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I know that I want to get Rota Attacks and I've been looking around. I know I can get them for 450 shipped from massimo motorsports and then order Dunlop SP5000's seperatly from 1010 tire for 829.92. With that price I still have to get them mounted and balanced and need the hubcentric rings. I do need the rings right? Could someone give me the definition of exactly what they are because I kind of have an idea, but I'm not completely sure. The second option would be to get them from Mack3.net only there I could get Falken Ziex512's on them for 786 and that would be mounted with free lugs and hubcentric rings.

So my question is basically are the Ziex 512's any good or should I pay more and get the dunlops? Also it says the 512's are all season. Can they go in the snow?

My last question is for 15" wheels what offset should I get. is 40mm ok because that's all you can get from mack3.

Oh yea also 205/50/15 is an OK size?

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Neither tire is very good, all-season tires aren't something you should expect performance from. I'd just get the cheaper ones. Have you thought of using all-seasons on your stock wheels for the winter snow months so your nice Rota's don't get all beat up? Then you can have your nice wheels with high performance tires for the warmer season and leave your beater stock wheels with the all-seasons for when your car spends half it's time covered in snow and road salt.

That's what I would do anyway if we had any sort of seasonal weather here. All we see for winter in SoCal is a drop to a chilly 60 degrees and some rain every once in awhile.

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
Actually, the Dunlop SP5000's are really good. I've gone through many sets of tires (95 GS-R, about to turn 100k miles), and they perform almost as well as the SP9000's (not all-season) when dry. And in the winter, well, I had no problems driving through 18" blizzard this past January here in Chicago. So, at this very moment, I'm rockin' a set 205/50/15's Dunlop SP5000's...and have zero complaints.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I have kind of thought about the summer tire winter tire combo and that almost sounds like an option because I'm going to have 4 steel rims left over. So that could be an option I geuss in that case though I'll just wait till the spring to get them. But as Cheezthis said that his SP5000's were very good. Damnit you just entered more variables into the equation. I'll never be able to decide now.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
If you need a a low priced all season, the SP5000 isn't a bad choice. However, if you have the money, get a set of snow tires and a set of Bridgestone Pole Position S0-3 (arguably the best performance tire on the market).

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
once you drive on tires like the S-O3 or Azenis your perspective changes dramatically that's for sure. I wouldn't even consider the SP9000 after feeling those.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
yea , i have the falken azenis sport 205/50/15 and there grippy as hell , the only problem is in the rain it getts alittle tricky at anything higher then 80 mph , but ino one should really be hitting anything up to 80 in the rain haha .. . . , great , cheap tires , 77 dollars shipped from discount tire direct . . . ..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts