Team Integra Forums banner

1741 - 1760 of 2483 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,745 (Edited)
Dyno sheet

Not a very good video but its something. This was a pull from when he was still working on the tune. I believe this one was around 375whp. You can hear the exhaust rattling in the video lol. I am hoping to get my Vibrant muffler installed as well as have the exhaust place de-rattle the rest of it.

Its a blast to drive! The car drives great just have a couple minor things to change but overall it runs great. Since I am having boost creep issues he set my rev limit at 7700rpm which is about where the boost starts creeping. After researching I had already realized after I purchase my manifold and wastegate that I should have bought a 44 instead of the 38 so thats kind of holding me back. Another thing is either the Walbro 255 or the RC 750cc injectors are holding me back since the injectors are maxed out.

James also set up my high/low boost settings so my high boost is 396whp and the low is set at 380whp. The difference with the high boost is that it has more mid-high boost. I havent tested out the high boost yet. Once again the 38mm wastegate is hurting me but overall I am still very happy with the build. Id say 396whp is close enough to my goal of 400whp so I say mission accomplished! :biggrin:

SpeedFactory:thumbs_up:

Guess I should cover what is done to the car since my build is stretched out over time.

Motor
-98 JDM Type R B18C

Engine Setup
-82mm Wiseco 8.7:1 pistons
-Stock sleeves
-Precision 5531 turbo
-BWR ramhorn manifold
-Tial 38mm MV-S wastegate
-Tial Q 50mm BOV
-Victor x intake manifold ported to match TB
-Skunk2 70mm throttle body
-CTR cams
-Supertech flat faced valves,springs and retainers
-3in exhaust and downpipe
-Innovate MTX-L wideband

Injectors
-RC 750cc Saturated

Map
-Omni 4 Bar

Octane
-92 Premium

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,750
Nice powerband! How is it on the street?
Its a blast when im getting on it but for normal driving it does pretty well. The clutch will take some getting use to since its a stage 4 but its not bad. My biggest complaint right now is just the exhaust because it rattles horribly but that will get fixed. Im hoping today I can bring the car down and have them weld on the Vibrant muffler and fix the rattles.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
congrats on finally getting everything running and tuned. Check the duty cycle for the injectors to see if they are maxed out or not. It cant be the pump holding it back because you can use a 255 for 500whp. Just to confirm, did you wire up the pump to the battery directly using a relay? if not and you're using the factory wiring to run the pump, thats probably the problem, as youll probably lean out up top since the pump isnt getting enough power to flow top end.

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,753
congrats on finally getting everything running and tuned. Check the duty cycle for the injectors to see if they are maxed out or not. It cant be the pump holding it back because you can use a 255 for 500whp. Just to confirm, did you wire up the pump to the battery directly using a relay? if not and you're using the factory wiring to run the pump, thats probably the problem, as youll probably lean out up top since the pump isnt getting enough power to flow top end.
Yeah the pump is wired to the battery using a relay and upgraded wiring. Pretty sure its the injectors holding me back. James said the injectors are maxed all the way out.

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,754
Been driving the car around town and boost is sooo much fun! I wish I would have went this route sooner!

Got my christmas present from my sister. My first Spoon part! Its the Spoon duracon shift knob. Its smaller than I thought it was going to be but its great not having to get in the car to a frozen shift knob.

Also got my Vibrant muffler welded on. For any of the locals if you need any exhaust work done I HIGHLY recommend Pro Exhaust in Auburn. They do great work and are a pretty cool group of guys. I hung out in the shop while they worked on it which was pretty nice. They also modified the ebay exhaust so no its nice and tucked instead hanging low and hitting the heat shields. Couldnt ask for a better job! The muffler really quieted the exhaust up!

Just have dark garage pics for now but it will work for now. Ill have to get some better pics later on.

Ground clearance now from the front

Turbo manifold is getting a tan!

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,755
Ive been looking into getting a turbo blanket. Im thinking about getting this one. Looks pretty good and made in the USA. They had alot of great reviews on one of the WRX forums.
T3 Black 63 A R Turbo Blanket turbocharger Heat Shield USA Made Handles 2400°F | eBay

I am also looking into getting some sort of heat wrap/protection for the underside of my hood to go directly above my manifold. The first night I got home after going for a drive I felt the outside of the hood above the manifold and it was so hot I couldnt keep my hand on it. I am thinking that after some time this could start damaging the paint. I would like to avoid wrapping the manifold if possible. @95_TeggyRS had recommended some of that gold reflective heat wrap stuff because it just sticks right on which should in theory help keep the heat off the hood. Any input on this?

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
I had my inlinePro manifold and my gt28rs housing Jet-Hot coated back in the day for right around $400. Downside is the turnaround time but it is well worth the money and lifetime warranty FTW.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Ill have to check that stuff out. I never knew they made dynamat for under the hood
they have for a long time, but keep in mind their products are more geared towards noise and not heat.... it may work to reflect some heat but it's not the purpose of it..

Clearance under the car looks great! it's nice to have that peace of mind you can drive over speed bumps and stuff without worrying about dragging

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,760
they have for a long time, but keep in mind their products are more geared towards noise and not heat.... it may work to reflect some heat but it's not the purpose of it..

Clearance under the car looks great! it's nice to have that peace of mind you can drive over speed bumps and stuff without worrying about dragging

I havent been able to really find out what the max temp is for the Dynamat but according to this site it can withstand 225 degrees with 97% reflection. Which should probably be enough for the hood I would think. Ill have to bust out my infrared thermometer this weekend and check some temps.
Dynamat HoodLiner 11905 - Sound Dampening Foam - Sonic Electronix

Yeah the clearance is better than I thought it would be with the 3in exhaust. The muffler shop really did an awesome job tucking the ebay kit up in there. Ill have to dig around for some before pics of the exhaust and take some better after pics. Ill be modifying the tip of the dump tube so its at an angle which will give me about an inch of extra clearance.

1741 - 1760 of 2483 Posts