1661 - 1680 of 2483 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,661
Thanks guys!

------------------------------------------

So today I:
*Got the pigtails soldered on and labeled. Then I verified afterwards that I had the correct wire soldered to the red by checking continuity to the plug on the drivers side that alll the power connects to.

*Exchanged my passenger axle at Autozone since it had a small leak in one of the boots
*Installed axles and put together brakes
*Installed fuel rail and injectors. I was about to put the fuel feed line on until I decided I might as well replace the fuel filter since it hasnt been done in a while.

I called FedEx about my packages and they said that the weather delayed them so it will be a couple days late. USPS still says that my S300 will arrive tomorrow so we will see.

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,662
Did some more work on the teg today. Ended up getting everything done on it except for wiring up the gauges and putting the tires on. I dont have much time to explain too many details so ill just let the pics do the talking.

Yeah I need a heater for the garage

S300 arrived!

Hybrid Racing velocity stack and filter from Cracked Up Racing. TIGHT FIT but it works!!

Came with air fresheners

Im off to Michigan tomorrow morning and wont be back until very late Friday night. Ill have to finish it up Saturday morning and get the car to the exhaust place so they can weld up the exhaust.

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,663
One week until my tuning day!

This weekends plan:
*I get home from Michigan around midnight Friday night.
*Waking up early Saturday morning to install radiator/fan
*Adding oil, coolant and tranny fluid
*Put front tires back on
*Wiring the 2 wideband wires up to the ECU
*My buddy works nights so when he wakes up hes going to head over and well be trailering the teg to the exhaust shop to get the exhaust welded up
*Depending on how I feel after that ill just have to finish wiring up the gauges

After that I should be ready for my tune on Wednesday at 9:30am:cool:

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,665
Well so some good news and bad news for yesterday.
Good new is that I got the SPAL fan mounted to the radiator just fine. Just had to trim it a little on the bottom so it would sit flush on the radiator.

The 13 inch fan fits on there perfectly now.

We did get it loaded onto the trailer and down to the exhaust shop so the exhaust is all connected with the Vband flanges. They also modified my downpipe since it was at a downward angle but now it sits level. Started it up and it has a nice beastly sound to it.

Also connected to the S300 using the Hondata app and was able to look at each of my sensors. The car wasnt running for too long but the Hondata app looks pretty sweet so far.

Bad news:
So where I mounted my oil cooler on the drivers side it was in the way of the intercooler piping. To create a little more room I bent the lower right corner just slightly on the oil cooler which ended up creating a small crack which now leaks. For now I am just going to cap off the 2 fittings on the Mocal sandwich plate using -8an caps and bypass the oil cooler. Im going to order the same oil cooler later on then get a custom intercooler pipe which is a little longer so it will fit around the oil cooler.

I also have a leak on the water neck closest to the water pump. I am guessing the oring must have slid when I installed. Going to pull the IM so I have more room to look at it. Not too big of a deal but a pain to fix.

The clutch also feels VERY soft. It probably just needs more bleeding so that should be an easy fix.

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,667
So I went to SpeedFactory today after work and picked up the o-rings for the water pipe. Also stopped by the hardware store and picked up a 1/2in coupler so I could remove the oil cooler and just loop the lines together.

Replacing the O-rings took alot longer than I thought. It was a pain to get access to the water pipe plus my oil catch can lines, oil cooler lines, turbo feed line and everything else was in the way but I managed to get them replaced.

Started it up and let it idle for 15-20 seconds just long enough to do a quick check for leaks and it looks good so far! Ill post up a video of it idling tomorrow night if I get a chance but the teg sounds pretty MEAN now! On the to do list tomorrow is bleed the clutch again, finish up with the wiring for the gauges and double check everything before the tune at 9:30 on Wednesday.

·
Registered
512 Posts
So I went to SpeedFactory today after work and picked up the o-rings for the water pipe. Also stopped by the hardware store and picked up a 1/2in coupler so I could remove the oil cooler and just loop the lines together.

Replacing the O-rings took alot longer than I thought. It was a pain to get access to the water pipe plus my oil catch can lines, oil cooler lines, turbo feed line and everything else was in the way but I managed to get them replaced.

Started it up and let it idle for 15-20 seconds just long enough to do a quick check for leaks and it looks good so far! Ill post up a video of it idling tomorrow night if I get a chance but the teg sounds pretty MEAN now! On the to do list tomorrow is bleed the clutch again, finish up with the wiring for the gauges and double check everything before the tune at 9:30 on Wednesday.
Can't wait for a Video! Glad your catching stuff early before the tune

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Sorry to hear that Justin.

This was a brand new Precision too wasn't it? That is disappointing. Precision has gone way, way down hill recently. Seems to me I'd have about as good of luck with an Ebay as far as quality. I'd venture to guess the parts come from the same country, ahem cough cough.... The damn things make power like no other but I had a premature need for rebuild on my 6262 and I am not the only one who has had the same type of issues.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Darn. Well, at least the good thing is that you found out on the dyno and didn't get stuck on the side of the road in the middle of nowhere!

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,677
So what happened with the turbo was the compressor wheel would spin and make contact with the housing. Yes, it was a brand new Precision turbo. I am hoping that the turn around time for getting it repaired/replaced doesnt take too long but we will see. Before I left SpeedFactory we pulled the turbo off so they could ship out the today.

I guess I have more time to tinker and fix anything else I want on the teg.

1661 - 1680 of 2483 Posts