Team Integra Forums banner

1601 - 1620 of 2483 Posts

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
I don't know if you already mentioned it earlier, but are you going to have to trim the dump tube? The picture of it on the engine out of the car makes it look like it'll hit the ground when it's back in the car.

·
The Enforcer!
5,802 Posts
you might want to plug that hole on the compressor and not use that as a boost reference. i take it your going to use a vacuum block and you should be using that as a reference and not the turbo compressor side.

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,604
you might want to plug that hole on the compressor and not use that as a boost reference. i take it your going to use a vacuum block and you should be using that as a reference and not the turbo compressor side.
I thought the fitting on the compressor went to the boost control solenoid? I havent looked too much into the vacuum lines for the system yet.

·
The Enforcer!
5,802 Posts
Yeah it can but the pressure is different from the compressor to the manifold. The manifold is a better spot/vacuum block.

·
The Enforcer!
5,802 Posts
Looks like I have to do some research on how to connect all of these vacuum lines up lol
It's pretty easy actually. Everything goes to one central air supply. I don't use any T's what so ever.

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,608
It's pretty easy actually. Everything goes to one central air supply. I don't use any T's what so ever.
So I looked at all of the documentation that came with my parts. It does look pretty straight forward until it gets to the boost control solenoid then it gets tricky because of the different ways it can be connected. I dont plan on using a vacuum manifold just because there are so many open ports on the back of my intake manifold.

What I have so far is:

Boost gauge
-Connected to IM

Waste gate
-Side port to turbo fitting
-Top port to boost control

Blow out valve
-To IM

Turbo
-Fitting to waste gate

Boost Control Solenoid
Found 2 different way to connect this. Which one should I use?

Also what size of vacuum line should I order? 1/4in or 1/8in?

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,609
Ordered a Mac boost control solenoid (came with fittings and mounting bracket) and some vacuum line.

My girlfriend is going to be out of town all weekend so there will be many hours of uninterrupted work on the teg.:beer:

To do list:
*Wire up gauges (as much as I can do without the motor in the car)
*Need to get flywheel resurfaced
*Still need to get the bungs welded in the oil pan
*Remove OEM clutch hardline and install the new braided line
*Clean up the bay
*Pick up die grinder from Harbor Freight and port match my intake manifold to my 70mm throttle body (been slacking on this lol)

If I can get all of the above things done I cant think of any reason why I cant drop the motor back in this weekend.

I will be able to buy my S300 next payday (expensive little thing!)and I already have money saved for tuning. Once I receive the S300 I will schedule my tune.

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,613
Just remembered I still need to get a radiator fan and a filter for the turbo. Ive been reading on Honda-Tech that some people choose to run a stock fan on their aftermarket radiators because the factory shroud helps to cool the coolant quicker. Anyone on here run am OEM radiator fan on their half radiators? I was just going to get a 13in (I believe thats the largest I can fit on there) SPAL but if the OEM does just fine that may be an option.

Ill probably get started on the wiring of my gauges tonight.

As for tomorrow ill be bringing my flywheel to NAPA to get my flywheel resurfaced. While its getting resurfaced ill do some running around and try to find someone to weld in my oil pan bungs.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
If you let napa resurface your flywheel make sure they two a two step turn. They not only need to cut the friction surface on the lathe but they also need to cut the pressure plate mounting surface the exact same amount to retain the same setup and clearance the clutch was designed for.

As for a rad fan. I used a cheap ebay electric slim fan. Worked fine for me for man years now.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
I use the second method shown here just for some feedback

So I looked at all of the documentation that came with my parts. It does look pretty straight forward until it gets to the boost control solenoid then it gets tricky because of the different ways it can be connected. I dont plan on using a vacuum manifold just because there are so many open ports on the back of my intake manifold.

What I have so far is:

Boost gauge
-Connected to IM

Waste gate
-Side port to turbo fitting
-Top port to boost control

Blow out valve
-To IM

Turbo
-Fitting to waste gate

Boost Control Solenoid
Found 2 different way to connect this. Which one should I use?

Also what size of vacuum line should I order? 1/4in or 1/8in?

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,617
If you let napa resurface your flywheel make sure they two a two step turn. They not only need to cut the friction surface on the lathe but they also need to cut the pressure plate mounting surface the exact same amount to retain the same setup and clearance the clutch was designed for.

As for a rad fan. I used a cheap ebay electric slim fan. Worked fine for me for man years now.
Thanks! When I called to see if NAPA did the resurfacing and how much it was he said the cost depends on the type of flywheel and he gave me 2 prices. I wasnt sure what that meant but I do now. I guess ill be getting the more expensive price lol.

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,619
Progress today

Before resurfacing the flywheel

After! Looks brand new

Fittings welded in the oil pan

While I had the oil pan off I went and verified that I do in fact have an ITR crank

Received the vacuum hoses and Mac boost solenoid today. Thought for sure the solenoid was going to be bigger. Its tiny! lol

Havent worked on wiring up the gauges yet. Might do that tomorrow if I have time. I still need to order the fittings for the oil cooler which is all that is stopping me from dropping the motor in. Might just install the motor then install the lines with the motor in.

1601 - 1620 of 2483 Posts