Team Integra Forums banner

121 - 140 of 2483 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
So heres some random pics

Pics from when I was bored waiting for the mall to open. Got a new squash air freshener.:cool: Squash is pretty addicting.

Im thinking about buying a header very soon. Right now the BlackWorks Racing header is on sale for $300 shipped which is an amazing price! I have only heard good things about it so I think I will jump on that before the price goes back up. Plus its got a lifetime warranty.
BLACKWORKS B-SERIES TRI-Y SMALL TUBE HEADER

Next week me and a buddy are gonna be ordering our "no bs bolt on big brake upgrade." We are just gonna do the fronts for now and see how that goes. At the same time I install the brakes I will probably be installing my BWR extended studs that have just been sitting in a box for months.

Thats about it for now. I just picked up a stock plug cover today and will be repainting that silver. I will also be cleaning up my old valve cover and spraying that with some VHT flat blue that I picked up today. Ill post pics of that when im done. I will also be ordering a upper timing cover since I dont have one currently.

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
Just had the biggest scare so far with my car. I was driving to my moms house and was coming up a steep hill when all of a sudden the car started making a horrible sound. It was a grinding sound and the car started running rough. I quickly pulled over and shut the car off my first thought was the timing belt, maybe one of the cam gears was about to fall off or something. I popped the hood and took a glance at the belts then began removing the valve cover to check the tightness of the cam gears. They were tight so I took another look at the belts and noticed that my AC belt tensioner had fallen off and was just sitting there stuck between the body and the power steering belt. I am currently not using AC since the belt was pretty worn and I dont really use AC anyways. I quickly pulled that out and started it up and sounded perfectly normal. So glad this was the only issue.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Great write up drmix. Glad everything worked out on your motor problem. I will be sure to pull over asap when i here some crazy noise....

·
Registered
148 Posts
Good progress. Did you happen to use 3M's primer 94 before applying the di-noc? If not consider it in the future for corners & edges, or is this the new 1080 3M vinyl product?

·
Registered
7 Posts
loving the swap you did man!! So just wanted to ask, how easy was that carbon fiber 3m stuff to install? looks pretty sick for sure. I've noticed you have done the side panels yet to black, are you painting those or just haven't got your hands on them yet? I'm heading to the junk yard tomorrow to start my conversion.

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
Which side panels? The rear triangle, front pillars and headliner in the black interior tegs are light gray. Mine are still tan but it isnt that noticeable. Ill probably try and find a set a little later but it isnt that big of a deal right now.

The vinyl is pretty easy to install and is fairly flexible. It also stretches a little if needed. I recommend buying some and trying it out. Its only like $18 shipped for a decent amount.

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
Just ordered some parts yesterday and today. I ordered a quick release and steering wheel setup.
3 Deep Steering Wheel NRG Quick Release 2 0 NRG Short Hub Honda H Horn EK9 Civic | eBay

This morning I bought a NRG quick lock which I got off of stillhere152 from the site.

This weekend I will be ordering my "No BS big brake upgrade". Havent had much time to figure out which kit I want but I am thinking I will go with the slotted kit, stainless steel brake lines and probably ordering new front bearings so I can install my extended studs. I will probably do some research tomorrow since its my day off and figure out what I should get.

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #133
No real updates yet just had parts that I ordered arrive. Still no steering wheel or quick release. The seller has been slacking its been over a week and still hasnt shipped out yet.

NRG Quick Lock

Blox Magnetic oil and tranny plugs $20 shipped

Pretty strong too! This is my towing shackle that weights almost 2lbs!

Acura tranny fluid

Im stuck pretty much on house arrest today waiting for FedEx to deliver my brakes. I am 100% sure that the ladys in the office wouldnt accept my package since its nearly 70lbs so I took today off from work. The FedEx here delivers at very random times sometimes its at 10 or 11 sometimes 4 or 5 so who knows. I am planning on starting early tomorrow morning installing parts.

Heres the install list for tomorrow:
*Slotted mini cooper rotors
*ITR calipers (thinking about painting them black)
*Stoptech premium pads
*Technafit stainless steel lines front and back
*New Koyo wheel bearings for the front
*BWR extended wheel studs
*Replace brake fluid with ATE super blue
*Change tranny fluid with new OEM fluid
*Install magnetic tranny plug

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
Alright so today was brake day. The brake install went pretty well and bolted on just like it was made for the car. The only thing to mod was cut about 3/4 in off of the dust cover. The brakes feel pretty good for the short time that I drove it today. The pedal feels a little different then before but ill get use to it.

Heres what I accomplished today:
*Installed new mini cooper slotted front rotors
*Installed ITR calipers on the front
*Stoptech pads for the front
*Installed stainless steel brake lines all around
*Painted calipers black
*Installed extended studs in the rear
*Replace brake fluid with ATE super blue
*Bled the brake lines
*Replaced fluid in clutch master cylinder with Super Blue. It was super dark and smelled burnt
*Replaced tranny fluid with OEM fluid
*Installed Blox magnetic tranny plug
*Managed to put a fat gouge on my spoiler :frown: Just a tip but always make sure your hatch is closed when raising the car in a low garage. One of the bolts on the garage door dug right into my paint dead center and on the back where its most obvious. Good thing I got some touch up paint.

The only part that I couldnt do today is installing my extended studs in the front. For some reason I just could not get the hub off.:icon_twisted: I went oreillys and rented one of the hub pullers but the attachment they had was too big to fit the car. It was getting late and most shops close early saturdays and arent open on sundays so I had to skip on the studs for the front this time. Ill probably try it again next weekend. One of my friends said that hes done it before so ill probably have him help me out.

Before

After

Comparing the pads

Difference in rotors

Rears with extended studs installed

My OEM transmission filling tool lol

Forgot to get a pic of the front brakes with the tires mounted. Ill snap one tomorrow and post it up.

Been a long day.
:beer:

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #136
Just a heads up but if you are looking to order a steering wheel and NRG quick release on ebay dont order it from s2kdrifter_ap2. His prices are good but shipping is SUPER slow. I placed my order on the 25th then just yesterday I finally received tracking info. I went to look up the tracking number today and it says that it still hasnt even been picked up. It should not take a week and a half just to package an item and drop it off at FedEx!:icon_twisted:

Sorry but I just had to let it out

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #139
Not too sure I just ordered the kit from ProParts.
ProParts USA Integra Brake Kit Upgrade - ProParts USA - Low Price Performance Aftermarket Car Accessories - Brakes | Shocks | Springs | Intakes and More!

Hubs wont happen till next weekend. All the shops are closed Sundays so I wouldnt be able to get the bearings pressed in. Ill just have to drive with the stocks up front for a week.

I do love the extended stud look but MAN that takes some effort to install the lugs. There are sooo many threads on them it probably takes a couple minutes per lug to tighten them down using a ratchet. I guess the extended studs kinda double as security since I know that no one will wanna spend that much time taking the lugs off lol

121 - 140 of 2483 Posts