Team Integra Forums banner

1221 - 1240 of 2483 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
The joys of modified cars :). I'm surprised more people haven't chimed in on this with other ideas of what could be causing oil to leak into the cylinders. I hope it's just the valve seals after all the work you just put into it. Let us know how it goes tool will be in the mail tomorrow.

Have you called speedfactory regarding this?

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,222
The joys of modified cars :). I'm surprised more people haven't chimed in on this with other ideas of what could be causing oil to leak into the cylinders. I hope it's just the valve seals after all the work you just put into it. Let us know how it goes tool will be in the mail tomorrow.

Have you called speedfactory regarding this?
Yeah thats what I am hoping also. SpeedFactory is closed on Mondays but im going to try and give them a call today if I get a chance to.

·
Registered
152 Posts
a leak down test will probably pin point where its leaking.
a easy way to see if its the valve seal is by letting the engine accelerate in gear then gasing it. if it smokes your seals are bad

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,224
a leak down test will probably pin point where its leaking.
a easy way to see if its the valve seal is by letting the engine accelerate in gear then gasing it. if it smokes your seals are bad
Yeah thats my next step if the seals dont fix the issue. I dont even want to start it until then.

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,227
Interested to see how the Euro tool works !!
Yeah I seen a youtube video and read some reviews on it and looks to be the Cadillac of valve spring compressor tools. Ill probably end up buying one later down the line but dont really have the funds for one right now. Pretty excited to mess with the tool though:biggrin:

·
Registered
512 Posts
Yeah I seen a youtube video and read some reviews on it and looks to be the Cadillac of valve spring compressor tools. Ill probably end up buying one later down the line but dont really have the funds for one right now. Pretty excited to mess with the tool though:biggrin:
Be gentle on it, I haven't had a chance to use it yet :)

·
Registered
512 Posts
I just google imaged that tool.. Those guys are making a killing on that! Thats a super easy tool to make with a CNC or hell just a mill... Bromley Engineering might have to get another product going haha
I have a template for one! The major issue with the B18/B16 tool is that the boom is over and selling a few here and there might not be profitable without the mark up. I would like to acquire the cam holder they offer also but 30$ price hasn't justified it yet.

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,233
Ended up getting all 4 seals replaced in 1 of the cylinders. Its a pretty time consuming job overall especially when it comes time to put the keepers back in which is probably the hardest part. I did find at least one bad seal on the intake side which was covered in oil on the inside of the seal. Another thing I noticed is that the exhaust and the intake seals look to be the same. From what I seen online is that most of the sets are different between the two. Not sure how big of a difference it makes but its something worth looking in to.

One thing I must say is that the Euro Export setup is amazing! I have pics that I will post up tomorrow.

·
Registered
512 Posts
So the EuroExport tool that Bakercloud let me borrow has arrived. About to head out to the garage and get started on it since I have a little time to kill. Wont be finishing up tonight but should be done tomorrow night.

Fingers crossed for some bad seals!
Never hoped for bad seals before but in this situation I definitely am!
And dang your postal service is early. Mine waits till around four to deliver and I live less then a mile away.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Ended up getting all 4 seals replaced in 1 of the cylinders. Its a pretty time consuming job overall especially when it comes time to put the keepers back in which is probably the hardest part. I did find at least one bad seal on the intake side which was covered in oil on the inside of the seal. Another thing I noticed is that the exhaust and the intake seals look to be the same. From what I seen online is that most of the sets are different between the two. Not sure how big of a difference it makes but its something worth looking in to.

One thing I must say is that the Euro Export setup is amazing! I have pics that I will post up tomorrow.
I don't know what seals Supertech uses, or where they get them (possibly OEM Honda stuff?). However, on a 100% stock head and valve-train, those seals are NOT interchangeable. The worst part? They will leak like a sive if you mix-match them.

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
hmmmmm i might be needing a spring tool here soon myself. need to change out my intake springs so i can rev tothe moon again with the itr cams

glad to see youre finding indications that the seals were the issue. much better than the alternatives. good luck finishing up :D

Reactions: drmix

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,238
I don't know what seals Supertech uses, or where they get them (possibly OEM Honda stuff?). However, on a 100% stock head and valve-train, those seals are NOT interchangeable. The worst part? They will leak like a sive if you mix-match them.
I am hoping this was part of the issue. Sometimes its nice to find problems when replacing stuff. Much better than diving into it and finding nothing wrong.

1221 - 1240 of 2483 Posts