Team Integra Forums banner

1181 - 1200 of 2483 Posts

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Good work man! Maybe didn't hit your projected schedule, but still great timing. Just make sure not to rush anything and double check EVERYTHING. Hope to see this thing running soon!

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Heres the first startup video. Before I started it I checked for leaks then primed the system and verified that there was oil in the head before starting.

No CELs, idles great, no leaks so far so good.

Only issue I found so far is my newly installed amp isnt working. It has voltage but wont turn on. Going to double check the remote wire and see how it looks.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Only issue I found so far is my newly installed amp isnt working. It has voltage but wont turn on. Going to double check the remote wire and see how it looks.
a super quick check: put a little jumper wire between the power spade the remote spade and see if it turns on... this not only confirms power is getting to the amp but also that the amp *will* turn on when 12v is applied... all that and it doesn't require any tools or taking apart stuff

·
Registered
983 Posts
Nice!
Were u by yourself through this entire thing
Anyway great freakin job!!
I'll be waiting for some closer pics of the bay with better lighting:)

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,191
Nice!
Were u by yourself through this entire thing
Anyway great freakin job!!
I'll be waiting for some closer pics of the bay with better lighting:)
Yeah for the most part. Thanks!

So I cant find the keys to take my deck out probably gonna have to borrow or buy some from a stereo place. I checked the voltage at the remote wire of the amp and I am getting 1.4 volts with the deck on and 0 volts with it off so it appears to be working correctly. Is 1.4 volts the normal for a remote wire? Wondering if its too low and the amp isnt seeing it.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Ha ha Definitely not an expert but the volts do seem low to power an amp I will test mine when I get back from vacation if this isn't resolved

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
the remote lead should be putting out 12v, not 1.4 (99.5% of car audio electronics are 12v)

what kind of radio is it? was it two keys that went each on one side to slide out? it's easy to make a set of those with some plumber strap and tin snips

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,196
the remote lead should be putting out 12v, not 1.4 (99.5% of car audio electronics are 12v)

what kind of radio is it? was it two keys that went each on one side to slide out? it's easy to make a set of those with some plumber strap and tin snips
It is the Sony DSX-S300BTX. Yeah thats the keys I was looking for so I can slide the deck out. I have some plumbers tape so I will try that.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
yeah, just cut some 3" long pieced and cut the plumbers strap on one side of the holes (should be thin enough)... use a hammer and your new vice/anvil to flatten it out and you should be able to slide them in on the side....

·
Registered
664 Posts
Heres the first startup video. Before I started it I checked for leaks then primed the system and verified that there was oil in the head before starting.

No CELs, idles great, no leaks so far so good.

First startup after rebuild - YouTube

that idle is smooth. Job well done!

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,199
that idle is smooth. Job well done!
Thanks I was surprised how smoothly it started also lol.

So after using Steve's trick I was able to get the deck removed. Once I pulled it open I double checked the manual and sure enough it was connected to the wrong blue wire. Switched it to the other one and now the amp turns on. Thanks Steve!:beer:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Huge congratulations to you man, I read through this whole thread this week after a long time away from the site, this is such a great build. So much quality work went into this and I think it's really going to pay off for you.

1181 - 1200 of 2483 Posts