Team Integra Forums banner

1141 - 1160 of 2483 Posts

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
Yeah I seen the pic of yours it was pretty bad. Did you try and clean it yet?

Thankfully my car is just a weekend car so the wheel should stay fairly clean.

Gonna try tomorrow I'm getting cross trained at work on interiors seems the interior guys swear by water and ammonia can clean anything lol.

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,142
So called SpeedFactory today to check on the block. They said it should be done by Saturday but couldnt make any promises. Also let them know that ill be needing some bungs welded on my valve cover and said they could do that when I pick up the block Saturday. After mounting the manifold on the head and looking at the clearance I decided to put the bungs on the back of the valve cover. There just isnt enough clearance in the front to feel comfortable with. I told SpeedFactory and they said they could weld in a baffle and it would only be $20 more so thats not a big deal.

Went to the hardware store last night and picked up new bolts for the steering wheel and quick release in black. Never understood why they would give you silver screws for a black quick release. Ill probably post up pics soon.

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,143
Just heard back from SpeedFactory. Block is assembled and ready for pick up!

Heres the plans for the weekend.
Saturday:
*pick up block, get bungs welded in valve cover, and pick up basemap at SpeedFactory
*pick up oil and tranny fluid
*take valve cover in to get powder coated. Hoping for same day turn around but I can also run my backup valve cover and cap the ports on the catch can for now. The 2 block fittings will be plenty for an easy break in on a low compression NA motor
*paint block
*Saturday night probably assemble the motor once the paint has plenty of time to dry.

Sunday
*drop in motor
*drive
:biggrin:

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,147
Yeah it should be a simple swap but you know how that goes. The only thing I could think of that could go wrong would be with my harness since I sleeved it which required me to depin and repin each connector. I took my time and wrote everything down when I did it so I should be good but a mistake is possible.

Also just remembered I need to pick up a vise for assembling my an fittings for the catch can

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,149
Finally the weekend!

Picking up the block tomorrow. Already have my valve cover marked for the bungs and the ecu ready for a basemap. I havent been able to find a powder coating place open on the weekends yet so I doubt ill have that part complete any time soon. Oh well ill just run my red valve cover for a little.

Other than the motor I removed my front Acura emblem. Always hated cleaning around it plus I love the shaved look. Wish I would have filled it when we did the work on the front end (especially since we filled up the license plate holes). Im going to fill it next time I have the bumper off then use touch up paint for the holes. Shouldnt be too noticeable.

Ill be posting some motor pics tomorrow :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,150
So this morning Paul (95_TeggyRS) and I did a parts run for the teg.

Picked up block and basemap from SpeedFactory. Also bought a new water pump since mine was pretty corroded. For the bad news, when my friend sandblasted the valve cover I guess he didnt do it properly and so some abrasive material got underneath where the baffle is and SpeedFactory said I shouldnt run it because it will get into the motor. They said my only option would be to remove the stock baffle from the valve cover and really clean underneath it before using. Not sure what I will do but I have a backup valve cover to run in the mean time.

Pics of the block

Went to Sears picked up a Craftsman 4-inch vise. Didnt take any pics but if your looking for a vise check out Sears. They have better prices than all the other places I checked out. Paid like $42 for mine.

Went to Honda picked up 2 Qts of MTF (already have a couple half quart bottles)

Came home dropped off all the parts.

Ran to Auto Zone to drop off my battery to try and exchange it for another one. This one died from having the car sit so long and was still under warranty. In order for them to exchange it they have to try charging it to verify its bad before replacing it.

Went to Mclendons Hardware to get some lag bolts for mounting the new vise. Also picked up some JDM -AN caps to plug the 2 extra ports on the catch can since I wont be running the valve cover lines for a bit. They have a tight fit and even thread onto the ports.

Came home and started prepping the block for paint.

Ran to Auto Zone to pick up my battery which they found out was bad (already knew it was) so I got it replaced for free with a fresh Duralast Gold. Warranties FTW!

Went to 3 different places to find a 1/2in, 3/8 drive, 12 point socket for my ARP head studs, which I finally found. I normally use the socket set for my work but its at a job site.

Came home and painted the block.

Just waiting for the paint to dry a little bit longer before I start assembling.

On a good note I found out why I was having low compression, idling issues and people at the dragon last year were saying my car was smoking a bit.

Old piston carnage pics

Been a long and expensive day but im still at it. Planning on having the engine assembled tonight so I can install and run tomorrow.:biggrin:

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
^ what I tell you Justin he would be the first to comment hahaha build is awesome its a pleasure to be apart of it in anyway I can.
All the stuff that has been done post dragon has been stuff I've been looking at doing (engine rebuild), this topic has been a shopping list and a how to for me

·
Registered
166 Posts
I didn't say it was a bad thing steve lol I told Justin that you would be the first to chime in I know you love this build we were just bs'ing about when he posted the carnage sorry if I offended you in anyway.

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
Awesome update bro I should be building mine soon so this inspired me to get to it lol can't wait to see it all in the car and key turned

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
I didn't say it was a bad thing steve lol I told Justin that you would be the first to chime in I know you love this build we were just bs'ing about when he posted the carnage sorry if I offended you in anyway.

lol no worries, absolutely zero insult taken

1141 - 1160 of 2483 Posts