Team Integra Forums banner

1101 - 1120 of 2483 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Mostly just painting the block, slapping the head and tranny back on then install it. I am going to drive it NA to break in the motor then hopefully have all of my turbo parts together to put on. My plan is to have it boosted by June.
Nice, basically the same concept and due date as me. Except I can't paint.. But am looking for someone to. Are you going to go to a Tuner or tune yourself?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Waiting on my block to get back too,i punched my out to 82 as well.Going nuts seeing my car tore apart and looking at this turbo and not hearing it lol.

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,107
Just placed an order with JHP.
*Personal Grinta 350mm steering wheel black/red
*NRG quick release black/w titanium ring
*Blackworks purple cam seal
*Blackworks catch can kit in wrinkle black

Also ordered an 82mm Golden Eagle head gasket through another site. (Didnt order through JHP because the shipping costs would have been about $25 more than the other places)

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,108
Dropped my valve cover off at a buddys work so he can sandblast it for me. Once the valve cover is done and I receive my catch can kit I can take it in to get the bungs welded in. Havent decided if I want them in the front or back of the valve cover. Probably end up putting them in the back so there is more room in the front. After that ill take it in to get powder coated.

The plan is still to install the motor on the 20th. Cant wait!

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
The back of the vc has no baffle so you will just empty the motor of it's oil right Into the can, the front is the best option since there's a baffle there to block the oil from entering the lines.

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,110
The back of the vc has no baffle so you will just empty the motor of it's oil right Into the can, the front is the best option since there's a baffle there to block the oil from entering the lines.
Thanks guess ill be going with the front then :wink:

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,112
I wanted to do the rear as well till I was told the same thing made me bummed.
Well if it functions better in the front then ill have to go that route.

Found these pics on the Blackworks site with the bungs up front running the same manifold I have. Looks pretty snug.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Im Thinking about going with that Same head MAni (BWR) , As far as it looks and feels, Does the welding and such look reliable and do you know anyone actually running it as I would like to know if its worth it ?

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,114
Im Thinking about going with that Same head MAni (BWR) , As far as it looks and feels, Does the welding and such look reliable and do you know anyone actually running it as I would like to know if its worth it ?
Yeah the welds look awesome. I have some pics of mine showing the welds here. http://www.team-integra.net/forum/20-your-integra/215643-drmixs-96-cgp-gsr-turbo-build-thread-1st-shipment-parts-arrived-64.html#post2833354

I dont know anyone running it but im sure if you searched around you could find some people. Id say go for it. Its a little cheaper than some of the other manifolds I was looking at and it looks like a very tough manifold. I dont think I will have any issues whatsoever

·
Registered
512 Posts
If its an internal baffle that is need to run it safely off the back, I'd find a thin piece of metal to weld into the VC. With having the bungs welded in, welding in the baffle would be minimal.

The Bungs coming out of that VC appear to be way to close to that header for long time reliability.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
That placement of the holes doesn't look like it would work. However a simple solution? Slide them an inch or two "in" towards the center of the V/C

·
Registered
76 Posts
Ill have to mount my manifold and see how everything lines up. Hopefully I can move the bungs toward the center so they wont be in the way.
You can Also wrap them, Which i think i might do, Anything that i have to cut, grind, Fabricate, etc. im trying to avoid lol..

1101 - 1120 of 2483 Posts