Team Integra Forums banner

1081 - 1100 of 2483 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,091
So yesterday Paul (95_TeggyRS) delivered my pistons to SpeedFactory for me since ive been pretty busy with work. Worked 50hrs in 4 days this week and next week will probably be even longer. Just means more money for the teg! But SpeedFactory said that it would probably be a couple weeks to assemble the block since the race season is about to start for them. I dont think I will be taking it to HondaFestNW so ill just have to ride with someone else. No biggie though im in no rush to get it back on the road and would rather take my time and do things right and the way I want.

Other than that got the security system for the house setup so I feel more comfortable leaving for work knowing that the teg and my parts are safe.

Next on my list of things to do is get the deck of the head inspected to make sure its all good to go. After that just ordering the remaining parts to get it back on the road (already sitting in my JHP shopping cart :biggrin:)

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,092
Took my head into the machine shop and had it inspected today. The guy who inspected it turned out to be my garage neighbor back when I lived in the apartment. Got his number just in case something comes up and I need some machine work done. He said he specializes in porting and talked to me a bit about getting the head ported. Thinking about it getting some work done but I know I need to get my intake manifold port matched to the 70mm throttle body. Ill have to do some research and see how much porting will help me. Anyways he said the head surface was good so I guess thats one less thing to worry about.

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,094
Heard back from SpeedFactory yesterday. They said that my block would be ready some time next week. The only problem is that due to my very busy work schedule for the next couple weeks I probably wont be able to pick it up until the 19th unless its done this Tuesday which I doubt. Im going to call them tomorrow and see if they think it will be ready by Tuesday if not I will be placing nice order with JHP for some parts.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Heard back from SpeedFactory yesterday. They said that my block would be ready some time next week. The only problem is that due to my very busy work schedule for the next couple weeks I probably wont be able to pick it up until the 19th unless its done this Tuesday which I doubt. Im going to call them tomorrow and see if they think it will be ready by Tuesday if not I will be placing nice order with JHP for some parts.

What did you send your block to the machine shop for if you don't mind me asking?

As I Just got the Call that My block and pistons are done lol..

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,098
Your not building yourself and what pistons and gaps are going in?
No I dont feel comfortable enough to do the pistons by myself since ive never done it before. Id rather skip the hassle of running into issues later down the line. Id like to learn someday but dont want to be the guinea pig this time around lol. Just dropped off the block and told them to assemble it.

The pistons are wiseco 82mm 8.7:1.

·
Registered
76 Posts
No I dont feel comfortable enough to do the pistons by myself since ive never done it before. Id rather skip the hassle of running into issues later down the line. Id like to learn someday but dont want to be the guinea pig this time around lol. Just dropped off the block and told them to assemble it.

The pistons are wiseco 82mm 8.7:1.

So what all is left for you to have done or for you to do. As I'm building mine also. I pick up my block Monday morning ..

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,100
So what all is left for you to have done or for you to do. As I'm building mine also. I pick up my block Monday morning ..
Mostly just painting the block, slapping the head and tranny back on then install it. I am going to drive it NA to break in the motor then hopefully have all of my turbo parts together to put on. My plan is to have it boosted by June.

1081 - 1100 of 2483 Posts