Team Integra Forums banner

1061 - 1080 of 2483 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Nice avatar :wink:
Thank you sir! I've been a Calvin and Hobbes fan since I was a kid.

Good choice with purchasing the press! We have the same one at work, but i believe it is the older style (orange colored). I use it a lot for pressing wheel bearings out of steering knuckles, however, it does require using steel block "risers" to give you enough clearance for the hub.

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,065
Just found out today that the pistons I have been waiting for are 5 weeks out on production. Still waiting to hear back from the seller but from the sound of it they had Wiseco K541M82AP in stock which are 8.7:1. A little lower in compression that I wanted but you only have so many options for 82mm pistons.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Just found out today that the pistons I have been waiting for are 5 weeks out on production. Still waiting to hear back from the seller but from the sound of it they had Wiseco K541M82AP in stock which are 8.7:1. A little lower in compression that I wanted but you only have so many options for 82mm pistons.
Oooof, 8.7:1? I wonder when the piston manufactures are going to realize you dont need this whole "low compression idea" to boost a B series engine, anymore. Right now would be about right, lol. I have found the same issue in researching pistons in the past, no one offers a damn 10:1 piston in all bore sizes.

Hmmmm, which brands have you looked into?

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,067
Oooof, 8.7:1? I wonder when the piston manufactures are going to realize you dont need this whole "low compression idea" to boost a B series engine, anymore. Right now would be about right, lol. I have found the same issue in researching pistons in the past, no one offers a damn 10:1 piston in all bore sizes.

Hmmmm, which brands have you looked into?
Ive looked into every brand I can think of lol. JE, Wiseco, Arias, CP...probably more they didnt offer anything I was looking for.

I think ill have the slowest R swapped teg until I boost lol

·
Registered
452 Posts
Just a thought, but what about using a two-layer head gasket instead of the OEM three-layer? I imagine it would bump your CR a few tenths, not much, but it's still something. I found one that Buddy Club makes: Buddy Club Racing Spec Head Gasket

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,069
Just a thought, but what about using a two-layer head gasket instead of the OEM three-layer? I imagine it would bump your CR a few tenths, not much, but it's still something. I found one that Buddy Club makes: Buddy Club Racing Spec Head Gasket
I thought about that but I would feel more comfortable with the 3 layer. I will probably end up going with an 82mm Golden Eagle HG. I also have flat faced valves and slight milling to the head/block so the compression will be a little higher

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,070
So I was told that my pistons should have shipped out yesterday from Wiseco. Havent received a tracking number yet but hopefully they are on their way.

Other than that im just trying to keep myself busy with the teg. Worked on cleaning and painting the small parts for the motor. Painted the VTEC solenoid and a couple other things today. Going to paint the intake manifold sometime this weekend also. Ill post up some pics probably tomorrow. HondaFestNW is coming up on the 13th so my goal is to be able to take the teg to that.

One thing I did get that is somewhat related to the teg is a security system for the house (garage is covered) so now the teg will be safe even if im not home. The system we got is pretty cool and has an app to control everything. I chose to get this because a buddy had his apartment broken into and lost alot of his stuff.

Had a friend send me this which I got a kick out of lol

·
Registered
983 Posts
I love what your doing!
The bays gonna look great, clean clean clean
If your not gonna get enough out to paint the whole bay may I suggest some touch up paint after a good cleaning (original paint)

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,073
I love what your doing!
The bays gonna look great, clean clean clean
If your not gonna get enough out to paint the whole bay may I suggest some touch up paint after a good cleaning (original paint)
Yeah im pretty excited to get the block back and finally be able to start piecing the motor back together.

I will probably do some touch up in the engine bay nothing fancy just cleaning it up and probably touching up the random scratches here and there.

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,074
Got my tracking number for my pistons finally! They are set to arrive Wednesday. Really wish it would be tomorrow instead since I have today and tomorrow off then I work Wednesday-Sunday. Wont be able to deliver the pistons to SpeedFactory until at least next Tuesday since they are closed by the time I get off work.

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,076
Always good to have a tracking number!
Yeah especially with this seller. Its just proof that the pistons are ACTUALLY on there way. They have had a very slow turn around time on ordering the parts both times. It took them a week and a half after receiving the pistons I returned to order the new pistons which were in-stock at Wiseco. :icon_twisted:

·
Registered
514 Posts
Thats great news bro! I just got mine today and im going to drop everything off tomorrow morning. I bet your anxious just having your pistons sitting there. It will be worth it though for sure.

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,078
Thats great news bro! I just got mine today and im going to drop everything off tomorrow morning. I bet your anxious just having your pistons sitting there. It will be worth it though for sure.
Luckily 95TeggyRS lives just a couple minutes away so he said he would come grab them when he got off work so they shouldnt be out for too long. He also said he would drop them off at SpeedFactory Saturday so I wont have to wait until Tuesday to do it.

Just finished up painting the starter. Pretty sure this is the last part to paint besides the block (I think). I dont think its possible to paint the alternator due to the coil part being open. The starter wasnt too bad just pulled the coil looking part off the base then painted both pieces separately then reassembled it. Ill post up pics when I get a chance.

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,079
Spent some time cleaning the engine bay today. I also did some touch up with paint but the paint I have doesnt match the bay very well since it has more gloss. I think next time I have the engine out I am going to get some CGP paint in a spray can for painting the lower spots on the engine bay which were missed from the factory.

Cleaned up

Starter painted and mounted on the tranny

Painted the IACV to match the manifold and mounted the throttle body.

1061 - 1080 of 2483 Posts