Team Integra Forums banner

1041 - 1060 of 2483 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,041
Finished up my battery mounting today heres what I got.
Sheet of thick aluminum (compliments of 95_teggy RS:cool:)

Drilled for mounting. The small holes are for the rods that hold the battery in. The larger one I ended up moving since I changed my mind on the direction the battery would sit.

The finished product.

Forgot to take a pic of how I mounted the plate but I can take some if anyone is interested. The location I used to mount it was a 17mm that was found in the trunk (not sure what the purpose was but was just bolted to the floor). The factory bolt wasnt long enough so I picked up a longer one to make it work. What I ended up doing was taking some rubber gasket material and cutting to fit the mounting plate, then bolting the plate to the floor in the trunk so the gasket was in between the trunk and the plate. Then I drilled 2 small holes in the battery box for the rods to come through. After that the battery is secured using bolts and the rods.

Gasket material I used

Finished product

The mounting feels pretty secure. Tried putting some force into it and wouldnt budge so im pretty sure its good. Only thing left to do on the relocation is connecting the power to the fuse holder and locating a good ground location.

Some other stuff I picked up
GSR crank pulley (bought from lel8bc) to replace mine which had a chip on it

40 amp fuse with fuse holder for my amp

Kicker bass knob and cable

iHome bluetooth adapter. Found this on clearance at Target for $20 so I picked it up. Lets me connect my phone to my speakers in the garage so I can stream Pandora from my pocket.

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,046
That sub will definitely saty straped in even if you roll the car a couple times. Ingenuity. ?.gotta love it.
Yeah it should do the job. Overall im pretty happy with those D ring mounts. Ill probably order a couple more because of how useful they are.

I like that battery set up, smart thinking on putting a rubber gasket between the metals.That should cut down on rattling and reduce some vibration to the battery.

Have you heard anything back on the block?
Havent heard anything yet. Im pretty sure they are just waiting on my new pistons to come in. Im going to call the place I ordered the pistons from and get an update.

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,047
Had some time today to finally paint the head that I masked off a while back. Not a very good pic but oh well.

Ordered the rest of my battery and amp cables today so that will be officially done. Also called mvp motors to check on my piston exchange and they said they would have a tracking number for me by Monday. I am hoping to have the pistons by next Friday so I can deliver them to SpeedFactory Saturday morning.

Things left to order before getting her running for the N/A setup:
*steering wheel
*NRG quick release
*82mm head gasket
*oil pan gasket
*catch can

·
The Enforcer!
5,802 Posts
Added a new tool to the garage. A 20 ton shop press from Harbor Freight. Me and a buddy went up on it so it only costs me about 85 bucks. Will come in handy later on when it comes time to replace bushings.
im fixing to get that for my garage. my garage is going to be a mini shop, yep ill have tools i dont even need or use a lot.

·
Registered
166 Posts
^ trust me its the same on this side to haha super stoked to use that press being plan to purchase the full energy suspension kit in the future.

·
The Enforcer!
5,802 Posts
The way the roads are around here right now. I might need to replace all my bushing inappropriate short time. Every drive has to be a tactical mission to avoid all the pot holes and broken asphalt.
im glad i dont have that issue where im at. most people down here have 22in+ rims are there rides so our roads are smooth

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,055
Set up the press today. I was a little confused when I opened the box since it wasnt the same color as the display model but then I remembered that the lady at the store told me this was the new model. I had to go back there today to pick up a couple small things and looked at the display model for the press and the version I have looks much better and has more bracing. So if your getting the press make sure you get the new model.

(Sorry for the bad pic the photobucket app on my phone sucks)

Got a chance to test it out also. Pressed out some oem studs on a buddys rear hub and replaced them with extended studs. Also pressed out some rear trailing arm bushings. Next weekend we will be installing poly bushings then swapping in teg trailing arms on his eg hatch for the rear disk upgrade.

Working on installing the rest of my amp and battery cables. Just need to pick up a couple more battery lugs and ill be done. Been using the press for crimping the lugs and I must say that they will NEVER come loose lol

·
The Enforcer!
5,802 Posts
Did you have to buy some sockets in order to use the press?

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,058
Finally decided to take a couple pics of the head that I painted. Pretty happy with how it turned out.

More of the tranny. Havent put the brackets and everything else back on it but will probably do that this weekend.

Also picked up and installed a new drivers side tie rod end today from Autozone. Guess which one is the new one lol.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Wow, the AutoZone replacement actually looks a little beefier than the OE tie rod. Did it come with a zerk fitting or is it sealed? And very nice job painting the head and tranny btw!

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,060
Wow, the AutoZone replacement actually looks a little beefier than the OE tie rod. Did it come with a zerk fitting or is it sealed? And very nice job painting the head and tranny btw!
No its sealed but does look beefier than the stock one. Almost makes me want to replace the other side now after seeing the comparison lol.

Nice avatar :wink:

1041 - 1060 of 2483 Posts