Team Integra Forums banner

1021 - 1040 of 2483 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,026
So you have to buy another set? That sucks man sorry
I contacted the seller I bought the pistons from and it sounds like they would be willing to let me exchange them. They carry JE, Wiseco, and Supertech pistons.

My options are:
*JE doesnt make a 82mm piston.
*Supertech makes an 82mm 9.9:1 piston - PN: P4-H82-N2
Wiseco has a couple different options:
*82mm 8.7:1 - PN: K541M82AP
*82mm 9.25:1 - PN:K673M82AP (includes .225" wall tool steel pin)
*82mm 9.48:1 - PN:K649M85 (includes .200" wall pin)

Any idea on what the wall pin is on the 2 Wiseco pistons?

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
Didn't know about the flat valves those will bump you .3 bump so if you get 9.2 and flat valves will give you 9.5 and I think a gsr head gives you .2 so with all of that you'll be high 9's which is good for boost so with that coming to light I say your right.

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,032
Called SpeedFactory just now and let them know my piston choice so they can send it to the machine shop. Pretty happy with SpeedFactory so far they even offered to ship my JE pistons back for me to speed up the return process. Hopefully the piston issue doesnt slow down the build too much.

Besides that I am waiting for the mail to show up today with my battery cable and RCA cables so I can run those and put my interior back together. I installed the sub tie down locations last night which was pretty easy. Ill post pics a little later today of what I got going on.

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,033
Spent some time on the teg today. Heres the pics of the stuff I ordered:

ARP lube

Assembly lube

Power distribution block

100 amp fuse and fuse holder

125 amp fuse just in case the 100 doesnt cut it (which I doubt)

RCA cable with extra conductor built into it for remote wire

1/0 gauge battery cable

Bought 4 of these (each rated at 2400lbs lol). Going to use 2 ratcheting straps to secure my sub in an X pattern. Just need to pick up 2 sets of straps (preferably in black which turns out to be harder to find than you would think).

The front mounts are bolted down here. Not sure what was bolted there before but the holes were in the perfect place.

The rears

Fuse holder installed. Hard to see the battery cable but its there.

Still need to get the battery box and mounting of the battery but at least the cable is ran for it.

Location of the power distribution block

Still need to connect the rest of the accessories to the distribution block.

Other than that I put the carpet, console and side panels back in today. I havent put the Recaros in yet since I am going to try getting them shampooed before putting them back in.

What a multi-tasking garage looks like lol

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,037
Picked up some stuff for the teg.
Battery box

Fits pretty well. For the mounting I think I am going to get a thick piece of metal to layer the bottom of the box then I will try and use the existing frame bolt in the trunk to secure the plate. I will then do an OEM style mounting (2 threaded rods with nuts) in the plate. If that makes any sense lol. I am hoping this will work. I dont really like drilling new holes in the body.

Found these at HF today. They are ratcheting and retractable but the best thing is that they are black:biggrin:

Sub mounted

Feels pretty secure. Tried sliding the box around with the straps on and didnt move at all so I think it will work out. Should only take me a couple minutes to pull my sub/amp if needed.

·
The Enforcer!
5,802 Posts
Nice battery box
Mine just chills in the trunk with the same battery tie that is used in the engine bay. No box here

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,039
Nice battery box
Mine just chills in the trunk with the same battery tie that is used in the engine bay. No box here
Yeah I will be using a similar setup just in a box. I like the idea of a box to prevent anything metal touching the terminals when hauling stuff. Have you ever thought of putting it in a box?

·
The Enforcer!
5,802 Posts
Have you ever thought of putting it in a box?
Yeah I thought about it for about 5min then I came up with my decision to not use it. I hardly have anything in the trunk. If anything it'll be food!

1021 - 1040 of 2483 Posts